Rooster breathing weird

CoconutCoffee

Songster
Oct 27, 2021
Eastern NC
It sounds like when a person has one stuffed nostril. It's noticeable but not loud. Of all the videos I've seen concerning gapeworm he does NOT sound or act like that. He doesn't stretch his neck, isn't gasping for air, or anything and havent seen anything odd that I can tell in his throat. He otherwise seems fine. Still drinks, eats, active, red comb/wattles etc. I treated him with amtyl for the 5 days stated on the bottle but it hasn't gotten much better. Should I treat him longer or use something else? Or treat him for gapeworm anyway? If it matters, he turned 7 in April.

It will do no harm whatsoever to worm him and rule out gapeworm.

Trying to diagnose over the internet is a slog sometimes, and the best we can do is to treat for one thing, rule it out, then move on to the next logical thing to treat.
Very true. I was hoping the amtyl would've helped. I've tried googling around and read that, if its viral, then it just needs to run its course.

It will do no harm whatsoever to worm him and rule out gapeworm.

Trying to diagnose over the internet is a slog sometimes, and the best we can do is to treat for one thing, rule it out, then move on to the next logical thing to treat.

Back
Top Bottom