Rooster chasing hubby rd3

tgblldog70

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Well Rocky has met his demise this morning. He flogged our dd she did not get injured thank god but it scared the crap outta me. I woke up hubby and he took care of the problem. Now we only have one rooHawk and he is scared of us, I want it that way so he will keep his distance. Thanks for the advice all of you gave.

:)

Good move. Too bad there will be no video of his interactons with your husband.
sad.png

That was the best thing to do! Good for you!
ya.gif
No need to ever have an evil
somad.gif
rooster
. There are to many nice ones out there! We have one buff orpington rooster who is so skiddish and runs away
D.gif
whenever we enter the run area or barn. No clue why he is this way. He was this way as a baby chick too. He is even scared of the young pullets and 'squawks' whenever one of them rubs against him, LOL He probably has a home with us forever!
love.gif

Thanks Red Barn, Hawk is proving to be a good protector too. I think that is what Rocky's problem was, Hawk used to run and bump Rocky off the hens. And for some reason he took target on hubby. Rock was a big roo too he had to have been near 10#. Now the hens need to get used to Hawk being the main man around town now. No more chasing him away. We gave them a sliced up watermelon after everything and Hawk was finally able to enjoy it without being chased and harrassed
celebrate.gif
. And I have already noticed his crowing has gotten louder, yup he's ready for the postition.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom