Rooster/cockerel starting to crow- who’s used a ‘collar’?

Pics
I wonder if white noise works on chickens? If so, you could put a fan pointing at the ventilation holes in the box, more air flow plus should deaden any noises that he would hear.

I need to reply to the article on the difference between store bought (commercial eggs) and pasture raised (chickens running free). Many of the individuals responding to the articles have said "when my hens stop laying i have to revert to store bought eggs, etc. with the antibiotics, etc." I watched an article on frontier egg preservation and found that eggs stored at room temperature in hydrated lime water could last over 8 months. So I tried it and it's working. Eggs from April are still keeping their yolks intact, and the whites still have some shape. No antibiotic, cage diseases, or dangerous chemicals; they where placed in the solution and kept in the 50s at night and 68 to 70 during the day. I placed a 5 gallon pail full and am still using them for scrambled with no noticable taste difference and great for cakes, pancakes, breads, and other recipes. I always crack them into another container first however, to make sure they look good before using them in a recipe; a practice my mother, God rest her soul, taught me as a child of five. And even do that when I had to use store bought eggs and found things in them.

I need to reply to the article on the difference between store bought (commercial eggs) and pasture raised (chickens running free). Many of the individuals responding to the articles have said "when my hens stop laying i have to revert to store bought eggs, etc. with the antibiotics, etc." I watched an article on frontier egg preservation and found that eggs stored at room temperature in hydrated lime water could last over 8 months. So I tried it and it's working. Eggs from April are still keeping their yolks intact, and the whites still have some shape. No antibiotic, cage diseases, or dangerous chemicals; they where placed in the solution and kept in the 50s at night and 68 to 70 during the day. I placed a 5 gallon pail full and am still using them for scrambled with no noticable taste difference and great for cakes, pancakes, breads, and other recipes. I always crack them into another container first however, to make sure they look good before using them in a recipe; a practice my mother, God rest her soul, taught me as a child of five. And even do that when I had to use store bought eggs and found things in them.
Interesting. But maybe you wanted to reply to another thread?:frow

Back
Top Bottom