Rooster Color

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bigchrisb1985, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bigchrisb1985

bigchrisb1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Brookneal, VA
    I am not sure if this is in the right place or not, but I was messing with the chicken color calculater and had a question. I have two roosters and was wondering what option to choose for there color. One is a barred rock and the other one is in this picture
    [​IMG]
    Thanks.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

The one pictured may be an EE, which can throw any color to the offspring. The barred rock will throw barring to the offspring.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    He pretty close to the Brown Red Color but still being an EE that probably wont be accurate in the calulator.

4. bigchrisb1985

bigchrisb1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Brookneal, VA
    Thanks for the reply I guess If I hatch out any of his offspring it will be like opening presents at christmas, I want know what I will get till they hatch.

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

You got it! [​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    So you're asking who will give you what, correct?

The Barred Rock will give 100% barring, but it will leak out different colors.

The Easter Egger will throw black and brown offspring, depending on the other parent. The color does indeed look similar to brown-red but as others have said, I doubt it is, and so I'm figuring this guy is a Wheaten or Duckwing x Black. Usually those colors combined create a very good mockery of brown-red.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by