Rooster Going After My 11 Year Old - Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
And here's the thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=249928

lau.gif
That is too funny!!
lau.gif

Roosters are a dime a dozen, almost literally. Put it in the freezer and get another rooster (if you want/need one) before one of those silly attempts at trying to calm an animal that's born for fighting and protecting its flock fails and someone gets more than just a little scratch on the leg.

As I stated in my earlier post, my daughter is not in danger. My original post was looking for more suggestions on how to teach him that she is the boss, not him.

Quote:

My roo only attacts as you walk away. So we just stand firm and step towards him, wait. If he does it again we take another step forward. Doesn't take much and he backs off. We don't back down until he has fully succumbed. Now he is much more docile knowing we rule the roost!

Quote:
That's thinking like a roo! I've watched roo behavior for hours, and for 4 years. My first set was 2 brother males. There was never a problem because one remained submissive. He moved out of the way. He was last to eat. He walked behind the other roo. Alpha roo could make him move anywhere in the yard. 2nd roo also never looked him in the eye, or faced him. He would always walk around alpha not looking at him, and never crossing his path. There was never any violence or attacking. It was one roo teaching and reminding the other of his place in the flock. In rooster speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom