Rooster in fight with weasel 2 weeks ago

Update on Tom the scab/ hard black area came off that he was constantly scratching. He actually scratched it off himself and his eye is still there!!! It is red and swollen, but he is constantly scratching still that it is starting to get all dark and hard again...any suggestions or thoughts on this?? I do not know what to do for him or how to help him at this point.
Please post some current photos.
What ointment have you been applying - have you cleaned out the eye? Is there infection in the ear?

I will get a picture in the am and put it up for everyone to see. Thank you all so much for the help and support.

That dark patch over his eye socket was probably dried blood, he could have been having a slow bleeding to accumulate a thick scab. But if he's scratching it, it's still infected. You need to disinfect that area and apply neosporin around the eye. And keep him separated from your flock, place him in a clean dog crate and let him heal.

Doesn’t itching mean it’s healing? 🤷🏻‍♀️😁

I’m always amazed how they can come back on their own - not that I haven’t taken my fair share off to the vets. But in the absence of a readily available vet, I’ve done my best to provide a clean quiet space and do a bit of wound cleanup and disinfecting when I feel I can’t do more harm than good. I do sometimes try to provide another calm chicken for company and comfort.

I have relied on Neosporin on many occasion in hopes of warding off infection.

Doesn’t itching mean it’s healing? 🤷🏻‍♀️😁

I’m always amazed how they can come back on their own - not that I haven’t taken my fair share off to the vets. But in the absence of a readily available vet, I’ve done my best to provide a clean quiet space and do a bit of wound cleanup and disinfecting when I feel I can’t do more harm than good. I do sometimes try to provide another calm chicken for company and comfort.

I have relied on Neosporin on many occasion in hopes of warding off infection.
He mentioned that the rooster was still scratching it, he's feet is probably dirty and reinfecting the wound.

Back
Top Bottom