rooster met his match...

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
MY MOTHER!!!!

I get this call from my mom about an hour ago so I had to share. She comes over to the my house daily to watch my dogs and brings her little weiner dog so he can play with my dogs (she lives in an apartment now)

First, my mom weights 100 lbs soaking wet.

Second, her picture is next to the word banty rooster in the dictionary.

She said " well we are going to have chicken-n-dumplings for dinner tomorrow night" I said "we are?"

She says "yep, Mike is in the fridge cooling down"

I said "who is Mike" She said "that big a$$ rooster you had in the dog cage" I said "and you named him Mike because?" She said "Mike Tyson would be proud of the fight we just had"

So here is the story. She goes in to collect eggs and sees that "Mike" has knocked the water bottle over so she bends down opens the cage door and reaches for the bottle, Mike then comes after my mother feet first and wings a flapping. Knocks mom to the floor, flys over her head and out the pop door. WELL, if you knew my mom you knew that war had just been declared. She gets up goes out and Mike is now hen hopping (her words not mine). She goes into the run to catch him and he immediately comes after her, she kicks him back not once but four times and then he decides to run. She corners him and he turns and flys at her face and puts a nice three inch scratch on her cheek. He then goes after a hen again and mom gets him by the tail but only ends up with a handfull of feathers. Mike then runs into the coop, mom shuts the pop door behind him. Mom goes around and enters the coop and Mike is on the top roost, mom says they just stare each other down for a minute or two and mom goes in for the capture, Mike flys at her again, mom ducks loses her balance and falls on her rear end. Mike flew into the wire chicken screen door hard and knocked himself senseless, mom, still on her rear end, reaches over grabs Mike by the neck...and now Mike is in the fridge.
Mike was a BIG GLW mix that was part of a foursome that a hen hatched early this spring without my consent so he was headed for the stew pot anyway but I was just wanting to put a little more fat on him before we got to that point.
I just had to share, like I said if you knew my mom she has never and I doubt she ever will back down to anything or anybody. She had me laughing so hard I almost peed my pants.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Kim, you can borrower my mom anytime, she will definately keep you entertained.

This is a women who tied a billy goat to a gate by his horns with a wire coat hanger when we were kids. This goat wouldn't let us kids go out the front door to catch the school bus. Mom grab a wire hanger to threaten him and he came at her with horns down, so she grabbed him by the horns dragged him (the whole time he is bleating loudly) over to the back gate and tied him up until dad got home. The goat found a new home shortly there after. DO NOT cross my mom.

I can't imagine my mother having a fight with a rooster. She'd be like a yippy dog, running with her tail between her leggs.

YIPE!! YIPE!! YIPE!! YIPE!! YIPE!!

Back
Top Bottom