Rooster overbreeding

I'm having a similar problem, I have a miniature little gold roo, not sure what breed, but all my girls are larger breeds and he tries to saddle them but more than half the time even if they submit he is so short he just has pulled three of my girls back feathers out. I'm worried for them but don't have money to purchase the saddles for them. Should I just get rid of the roo? He is just a pet and does nothing for me financially and honestly I think he had some kind of retardation, he does this weird head bob up down and in circles like he is blind but isn't. What to do, what to do.....

I made my saddles out of thick felt but in the end got rid of Eddie. My favorite Buff Orpington jumped up in my arms one night when he looked at her and that was it. See ya later Eddie!!! Good luck.
wink.png

Thanks. It!s a tough one for sure. Wish he had worked out. I just want a nice roo, any recommendations? I have buff orps, americaunas, and barred rock hens. Would like to add some more girls but wanted them treated well.[/quote

Have you found any good Roos? I have a few that are not aggressive I could part with one. I have 2 identical black males so I could part with one of them. They are good with the girls and they don't fight each other. It does depend on the male. I had 2 before that were horrible for my hens I got rid of them and I have 5 Roos now (different breeds) they don't fight each other and my hens look good again.

Have you found any good Roos? I have a few that are not aggressive I could part with one. I have 2 identical black males so I could part with one of them. They are good with the girls and they don't fight each other. It does depend on the male. I had 2 before that were horrible for my hens I got rid of them and I have 5 Roos now (different breeds) they don't fight each other and my hens look good again.

Back
Top Bottom