Rooster Photography

The Red Rooster

Poultry Observer
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Rapid City, South Dakota
The sun was shining just perfectly on Red (my Silkie/quail bantam cross). Then what made it even better was when he started crowing. But you can almost never get a perfect picture. As you can see.. he was blinking in this one!

...so frustrating.. but I did get a couple more that did meet my speculations!

All in all I'm pretty impressed about how the pictures turned out. Animal photography is hard.

#1 You have to make sure the animal stays in the sun light. This means you might put seed out were the sun light is.

#2 The animal has to be the right angle for the sun to hit him. The sun has to be the right angle also.

#3 The animal needs to be doing something. Maybe looking at you or crowing in this case.

#4 You have to get his attention. If they turn around and start pecking at the ground, then the picture won't turn out right.

Lots of things to remember! But the pictures will make you so proud.

Nice shots! I hang around the flock and snap off about 900 photos. Then I delete about 875.
lol.png

I have a point and shoot camera that I can take video with and during the playback mode I can pause it and take a picture of that frame. It makes getting that perfect shot easy.

That sounds cool. I haven't had much luck with that. Always the picture turns out blurry or grainy. Do you have a program that can do that?

~AnnElise

I love the way the sun highlights Red's plumage. Phil is cute, too.

Thank heavens for digital cameras, right? The key is taking lots and lots of photos when the conditions are right. Your photos are inspiring - I really should bring my camera out more often when I am hanging out with the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom