Yeah..my Seabright Bantam comes up behind me and when I turn around to eyeball him he just acts like he's pecking the ground like "don't mind me, I'm just eating" but he's NOT! He's waiting for the opportune time to attack!

But not all Roosters behave badly...I think mine has 'little man' syndrome!

Last edited:
Hello. You have some very nice looking EEs. I also was given a cross beak, but mine was a baby (well still is lol) she is very happy and thriving everyday. I have had her trimmed at the vet one and have trimmed her beak twice myself. She eats dry chick crumble just fine but LOVES when I make it mash. Best of luck with your new flock!
View attachment 1862101
Beaker enjoying the sun shine!!!
Thank you! Did you use nail clippers or a Dremel?

A chick called Albert had to deal with this once. Here's the vid:
i have a little silkie rooster that has a cross beak, so far he is doing fine, i feed him oatmeal and scrambled egg in the morning, i have trimmed his beak,,,,he is such a sweetheart....i am not allowed roos, but him i am keeping hope he doesnt crow loud when he starts, afraid no one will take care of him like i do.....he is 20 weeks now, do you think his beak will still get worse?

Last edited:
IMG_5493.JPG this is little graham cracker..he is almost 20 weeks now

i have a little silkie rooster that has a cross beak, so far he is doing fine, i feed him oatmeal and scrambled egg in the morning, i have trimmed his beak,,,,he is such a sweetheart....i am not allowed roos, but him i am keeping hope he doesnt crow loud when he starts, afraid no one will take care of him like i do.....he is 20 weeks now, do you think his beak will still get worse?
I too have a silkie with cross beak, actually taking her today have it trimmed. It will keep getting worse if you don't keep up with it.

Back
Top Bottom