Rooster snagged this afternoon

adstowe

Songster
6 Years
Aug 8, 2016
Colorado
So, my great little roo was taken this afternoon. I was in the house, herd some squealing noises and found feathers and two about 5ft long scrapes in the dirt. I'm guessing hawk. He was half bantam, so not real big. Does that sound right? I'm pretty sure, just looking for some conformation. It's sad. He was a great little roo, But I ordered an incubator and I'm going to hatch out some of his eggs. Hopefully one is a fitting replacement.

Oh, i am so sorry for your loss! I lost a favorite polish pullet to a hawk, it just snatched her up and flew off with her struggling in its talons! She was so friendly, she would sit on my foot and wait to be picked up. That was years ago, and i hope to get some more polish chickens, though it may be next year before that happens. Hopefully you can get a good hatch and have a chance to replace your rooster.

So, my great little roo was taken this afternoon. I was in the house, herd some squealing noises and found feathers and two about 5ft long scrapes in the dirt. I'm guessing hawk. He was half bantam, so not real big. Does that sound right? I'm pretty sure, just looking for some conformation. It's sad. He was a great little roo, But I ordered an incubator and I'm going to hatch out some of his eggs. Hopefully one is a fitting replacement.
Fox or coyote

Back
Top Bottom