Rooster started humping my TV remote.šŸ˜±

But also, a roo has a different mindset than a hen.. my little hens love to fall asleep on me and wait for treats (spoiled!!), but a roo has a different job.. to roam, to protect, and to mate. Cuddling isn't on the list šŸ˜
I think thereā€™s some on here that wouldnā€™t agree with you. Also, judging by @Hei 20 ā€™s avatar, their rooster is perfectly fine with cuddling. At least, my boys were, both in the bachelor pad and the mixed flock, and not just as cockerels.

Oh, okay.

I will say that I kind of had a house chicken for a brief few months. Briene was a mix that had severe, severw, severe crossbeak. To where she almost couldn't open her mouth near the end.

She couldn't survive on her own, she she stayed in one of my brooding coops in the basement for most of her life and would walk with me outside to do chores. She would dustbathe, talk with other birds, even start chest bumps with her siblings that had been moved outside when they were old enough.

But she would also follow me back into the house when she was done, fly into her brooder home and happily drink her soup before going to bed.

She also taught me that it's better to cull than have a chicken with such extensive needs. It hurt the day she passed, and it still hurts months later.

All in all, if there is a reason the bird needs to be inside for their health, that's one thing. If I could have put Briene outside with her flock, in sure she would have been a bit happier and led a more normal life. But I also know she probably wouldn't have made it past 2 months old. But because it's cute or you don't have the space aren't reasonable in my opinion.

I think thereā€™s some on here that wouldnā€™t agree with you. Also, judging by @Hei 20 ā€™s avatar, their rooster is perfectly fine with cuddling. At least, my boys were, both in the bachelor pad and the mixed flock, and not just as cockerels.
I have a boy who will scream as if you were about to murder him when you try to pick him up, but as soon as he's in the lap, or placed on a perch nearby, he is perfectly content and the sweetest thing. Very over-zealous with the girls though...

He sat on the porch with us for a whole afternoon once...just happily perched across from me on the railing. He even jumped in my lap and sat for a bit till I was tired of him being there.

I have seen the cuddly roos šŸ„° but i think they are still going to want to crow and do all their business. Now if you have a house on some land, totally doable. But even me, i am in a house w close neighbors, and even egg songs can be a bit too loud.

It's just a joke. She has livestock in her house, so why not an animal that would take up her whole house too.šŸ˜‚
At least I laughed, so that's all that matters. I'm still laughing.
Plenty of people consider dogs and cats outdoor animals with jobs to do.. same with fish, lizards, you name it.

Or better yet, get a donkey.
Pigeons could be considered livestock too (theyā€™re eaten as squab) but there are still a lot of people who keep them as inside pets.
Pigeons are so cute ā¤
Wouldn't keep them inside either. All animals that can live outside, should live outside. Just my thoughts.
I can see a pigeon rather than a chicken living inside, though.

Back
Top Bottom