Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
:barnie:barnie:barnie
I only have one rooster, no hens in sight.
I was hoping it would turn out to be a hen but it didn't work out that way.
I knew this day would come, but I didn't know it would come this soon. 😭
He has been humping my hand and the remote for a few days now.
Luckily for me and the remote,
he wears chicken diapers. 🙊🙉🙈
So, what do I do now?
I have no option on getting more poultry,
I shouldn't even have him either.
But I hatched him as an egg
and now I'm in love with him. 🥰🥰🥰
He is a indoor rooster pet.
I blame Covid 19 boredom
for hatching him out. 😷😷😷
I don't know how to add a video so I only have pictures. 😁

In my opinion, it’s probably a lot better for someone to keep a chicken as a house pet than a parrot. Parrots need constant entertainment, get bored extremely easily, and, according to the arguments on this thread, should actually be kept in huge free-flying flocks like their wild cousins. A lot of parrots end up plucking out their own feathers due to stress. However, people still keep parrots successfully, so what’s so bad about a chicken? Though I do agree that any house chicken should get plenty of supervised time outside, since sunshine, grass, and dirt is good for chickens and they benefit a lot from it.
It would probably be better for him to have chicken companionship. However, again, people keep other extremely social birds (parrots, pigeons, quail, etc) alone inside houses without issue. If he gets enough human companionship, then I see no reason why he can’t be kept inside, as long as he is healthy and happy. If he has no other options, it’s the best choice. Finding a good home for a pet rooster is really hard to do.
Other people on this thread have said that their roosters, who have flocks of hens, will try to mate with objects or hands. It’s not a sign of unhappiness or aggression. Usually cockerels will do it more than adult roosters, but that doesn’t mean that they’re unsatisfied.
Finally, though I’ve read a lot about them, I have never had a house chicken, like most of the others on this thread. Here’s some people who actually have- @MilesFluffybutt @AngBantamLuv @Saaniya .

Last edited:
In my opinion, it’s probably a lot better for someone to keep a chicken as a house pet than a parrot. Parrots need constant entertainment, get bored extremely easily, and, according to the arguments on this thread, should actually be kept in huge free-flying flocks like their wild cousins. A lot of parrots end up plucking out their own feathers due to stress. However, people still keep parrots successfully, so what’s so bad about a chicken? Though I do agree that any house chicken should get plenty of supervised time outside, since sunshine, grass, and dirt is good for chickens and they benefit a lot from it.
It would probably be better for him to have chicken companionship. However, again, people keep other extremely social birds (parrots, pigeons, quail, etc) alone inside houses without issue. If he gets enough human companionship, then I see no reason why he can’t be kept inside, as long as he is healthy and happy. If he has no other options, it’s the best choice. Finding a good home for a pet rooster is really hard to do. Other people on this thread have said that their roosters, who have flocks of hens, will try to mate with objects or hands. It’s not a sign of unhappiness or aggression. Usually cockerels will do it more than adult roosters, but that doesn’t mean that they’re unsatisfied.
Finally, I have never had a house chicken. Here’s some people who have- @MilesFluffybutt @AngBantamLuv @Saaniya .
You make some amazing points!

No, he's an unhappy chicken in an unnatural environment.
There’s a lot of people that keep house chickens. I doubt that they’re all unhappy.
Is there no possible way you can let him outside with at least 2 hens? He could also die from loneliness I heard.
If he has human companionship, he’s not going to “die of loneliness”.
Chickens are more social animals than cats who are solitary and dogs who accept a human pack. Please know that I really sympathise, and know you love him but please don't hatch again if you haven't the space.
That’s a good point. But, why don’t you think a chicken could accept a human flock, too?

There’s a lot of people that keep house chickens. I doubt that they’re all unhappy.

If he has human companionship, he’s not going to “die of loneliness”.

That’s a good point. But, why don’t you think a chicken could accept a human flock, too?

Chickens just aren't like that. They will love a human but he's clearly lonely anyway. I don't want to argue though!

Back
Top Bottom