Rooster started humping my TV remote.😱

Pics
Wow, I just caught up with this thread. There were definitely obvious haters, but you give him a good life, filled with comfort and happiness, so I honestly don't see why he shouldn't be a house rooster, You take care of him, give him dust baths, and maybe one day he will go outside on a harness! :thumbsup
(He is an adorable roster btw)
Yes and if this covid virus doesn't take me, I am planning to get my own home in the near future.

@Hei 20

Most of the posts I’ve read are assuming your roo isn’t happy. The humping could be just hormones, he IS a teenage male after all. Does he seem depressed? Lay in one spot or not eat well? How much time does he get with you each day?
You could set up the balcony with a box of dirt for dirt baths, some chicken toys, a chicken stuffie, etc. that way he could do that type of thing.
Also, I rescued a pullet and she lived by herself for two months(outside) I gave her as much attention as I could but most of the day she was by herself. She did fine! The only reason I finally got her a buddy was because she isn’t allowed inside (parent’s orders) and I didn’t want her to be stuck inside her coop all winter by herself. But your roo lives with you!
If he seems happy and continues to stay that way, I’d say keep him,but make sure you do have a backup plan for him to live if the neighbors complain or something.
Also, there is a rooster on Instagram, the username is Breeandmerooster and I’m pretty sure he lives indoors and potentially without hens.

@Hei 20

Most of the posts I’ve read are assuming your roo isn’t happy. The humping could be just hormones, he IS a teenage male after all. Does he seem depressed? Lay in one spot or not eat well? How much time does he get with you each day?
You could set up the balcony with a box of dirt for dirt baths, some chicken toys, a chicken stuffie, etc. that way he could do that type of thing.
Also, I rescued a pullet and she lived by herself for two months(outside) I gave her as much attention as I could but most of the day she was by herself. She did fine! The only reason I finally got her a buddy was because she isn’t allowed inside (parent’s orders) and I didn’t want her to be stuck inside her coop all winter by herself. But your roo lives with you!
If he seems happy and continues to stay that way, I’d say keep him,but make sure you do have a backup plan for him to live if the neighbors complain or something.
Also, there is a rooster on Instagram, the username is Breeandmerooster and I’m pretty sure he lives indoors and potentially without hens.
Only time he is upset is when it is raining and he can't go outside. LOL

Attachments

• 20201109_081218.jpg
    20201109_081218.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9
:barnie:barnie:barnie
I only have one rooster, no hens in sight.
I was hoping it would turn out to be a hen but it didn't work out that way.
I knew this day would come, but I didn't know it would come this soon. 😭
He has been humping my hand and the remote for a few days now.
Luckily for me and the remote,
he wears chicken diapers. 🙊🙉🙈
So, what do I do now?
I have no option on getting more poultry,
I shouldn't even have him either.
But I hatched him as an egg
and now I'm in love with him. 🥰🥰🥰
He is a indoor rooster pet.
I blame Covid 19 boredom
for hatching him out. 😷😷😷
I don't know how to add a video so I only have pictures. 😁
Even I had a single rooster and this is a very common behaviour. All you can do is just ignore it. Nothing bad is gonna happen

Only time he is upset is when it is raining and he can't go outside. LOL
I honestly think the humping is just instinct. Not unhappiness. I understand the love a human can have for a chicken, most people don’t, and I know it would break my heart if I had to get rid of mine. Unless he acts depressed, KEEP HIM! If he had hatched somewhere else he probably would have ended up being culled, but with you he is happy and has a good life.

Back
Top Bottom