Rooster?

I've asked about one of these birds awhile ago in another thread, but I wanted to Check in now that they're older. They're about 10 1/2 weeks old and there's only two I'm unsure of.
View attachment 1043196
This is "Cleo" or maybe "Leo" if she turns out to be a he. She feathered out rather quickly as a chick and doesn't seem to have any pointed saddle feathers developing anywhere. "She" hasn't started crowing yet like my for sure cockerel and they hatched at the same time. "She" also picks fights with the roo sometimes but also picks at the other hens when she wants them to do something.

View attachment 1043198
This one has no name. Feathered quickly as a chick. It was about to run in this picture so the posture is a bit funny. This one doesn't really argue with anyone and is pretty paid back. Also no crowing and not showing any sign of saddle feathers.
View attachment 1043199
THIS is "hei hei" my kids named him after the rooster in moana haha. He crows morning noon and night and has distinctly pointed saddle feathers developing and feathered very slowly as a chick. Bare wing bows and slow tail development as I've read is typical.

Is there a chance my other two are girls? I won't be upset either way but hoping for more girls

All boys.

I'm not sure of gender because BA hens also have good amount of comb. What I am wondering about is the two ( maybe same bird twice) that is definitely a Blue not black. I've never seen that color in Australorps, plus looks like leg feathering in some pictures - which they wouldn't have.

I'm not sure of gender because BA hens also have good amount of comb. What I am wondering about is the two ( maybe same bird twice) that is definitely a Blue not black. I've never seen that color in Australorps, plus looks like leg feathering in some pictures - which they wouldn't have.
(If you're talking about my chicks) they were called black australorps from where we bought them but they defenitly aren't show quality and could easily be some weird mix or entirely other type. the photos were a bit mixed around but it is 2 different chicks (bigger comb has the shorter tail, smaller comb has the longer tail)

Back
Top Bottom