Rosecomb Thread

Pics
So how are everyones RC doing? Im gonna set another batch right after these hatch off my black and BB red pair. Realy excited to see what I raise and start showing again this winter. I am considering selling some eggs after I set this batch. Anyone interested in some in about a month? I normaly dont sell hatching eggs BC of taking a chance of selling a show winner. This may be the only chance to get hatching eggs from me so yall let me know.

Thanks

Darn. now you got me wanting to rush to make room.. I wouldn't be looking for show winners as disabled and can't get out to shows anyway, so id probly let you have back after get more eggs or chicks, just to see them win. we will need more picks either way.

@ laughingdog,
If your interested get some pens set up and Ill sell some young cockerals and pullets this fall and get you started right. Dont rush as I will have birds avalible. Take your time and let me know when your ready for some.

Thanks

Wow have not had that problem before. Got 17 eggs going on lockdown tommorrow,crossing my fingers.
fl.gif

@chickencatcher1

I was told some diseases kill like that and can infect eggs when or before layed contracted from parent carrier. They could be catching something from soil or bugs ect. i raise almost all my chooks artificially incubated, on hardwire grates in brooder to stop most problems before they start (i provide perches). could they be weaker needing more time in brooder and sent out to early?

Well,Im very upset. Not ONE egg hatched!
hit.gif
I was talking to one of my breeder friends and found out why;the thermostat and digital thermomoter in my bator are 6 years old. He said to neaver trust one over a year old. Along with my dummy egg,it was damaged and the gel inside was bone dry. The thing has also not been run in 3 years and kept in the barn. So I have a friend that is setting my other eggs I have saved up(14) and setting them tommorrow in their sportsman. And now Im letting what other eggs I get just hatch the natural way under a broody momma. So no eggs to sale for a while
sad.png
. Please cross yalls fingers for me. BTW,my hens should go broody right? If i keep the eggs in their nestbox?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom