Rosecomb Thread

Pics
While Carl is working on his birchens, and several other colors, i am going to be working on spangled rosecombs, using this male.
63027_sp7.jpg

63027_img_20111222_111412-1.jpg

And this is what his daughter's are looking like.
63027_imgp0594.jpg
did you ever get anywhere with the spangled rosecombs? If so do you have any pics avalible?

So how are everyones RC doing? Im gonna set another batch right after these hatch off my black and BB red pair. Realy excited to see what I raise and start showing again this winter. I am considering selling some eggs after I set this batch. Anyone interested in some in about a month? I normaly dont sell hatching eggs BC of taking a chance of selling a show winner. This may be the only chance to get hatching eggs from me so yall let me know.

Thanks
Do you have any BB red females for sale?

I have been quite pleasantly surprised by the offspring of the current generation work toward Birchen Rosecomb, I finally had a cockerel from last fall with good color and lobes but only a decent comb, I placed him over a few females from a back cross to Black again and have four young birds already developing a white earlobe and good silver color. I have not seen this at this age in the Birchen as of yet, they are developing along the lines of the Blacks and BB Reds so I am quite hopeful this will be the generation to get them much closer to right.

Wow....stunning birds! I have just aquired 2 black Rosecombs. One is an ex showgirl...now named Lola lol! And I have a surprise whit too. Will have to get some more pics :)

Back
Top Bottom