Pics
Two hens of mine

GEDC0362-1.jpg

GEDC0363.jpg

Late 2011 Hatch
GEDC0367.jpg

Quote:
he is a nice looking blue, but I have a serious question about wing carriage:
Wings: Long, carried well back, with the points concealing the back half of the thighs, but not the hocks

I have noticed most Rosecombs have less of a pointed wing and often held a bit low, but would the carried well back not mean a higher wing wing carriage? Concealing back of thigh but not hocks to me would also indicate a higher carriage.

This is something that can be easily misinterpreted in teh written word, or is the wider flatter lower wing carriage the norm and merely accepted for shows or is that the correct carriage?

Quote:
he is a nice looking blue, but I have a serious question about wing carriage:
Wings: Long, carried well back, with the points concealing the back half of the thighs, but not the hocks

I have noticed most Rosecombs have less of a pointed wing and often held a bit low, but would the carried well back not mean a higher wing wing carriage? Concealing back of thigh but not hocks to me would also indicate a higher carriage.

This is something that can be easily misinterpreted in teh written word, or is the wider flatter lower wing carriage the norm and merely accepted for shows or is that the correct carriage?

I was wondering the same thing myself last night, after reading through the standard on the rosecomb website.

I Like their wings up a little tighter than he is holding them, but A lot have lower wing carriage. I think its just how each person interprets it.

On Another note I found this little pullet was blooming earlier. Her tail angle is a little high when she is showing her heart out but after she relaxes a little bit it goes down somewhat.

photo2.jpg

Here are some pictures I took last night of some birds in the breeding pens, not in the best condition, but theyre cranking out the eggs and starting to get my first couple of hatches.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

His tail was a little squished in this photo but the one below shows the width and length a little better just not as good of a pose.

386689_10150479943286380_822806379_8393459_1866851385_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom