Rotiserie Silkie - It's What's For Dinner

Quote:
Heck yeah! Georgia's an awesome state for BBQ!!!!
(Used to live there
smile.png
)

That looks great, we have 8 silkie roos 5 or 6 too many. I didn't have a cue what to do with them, now we do! They're drivin the hens crazy! Any other recipes - would have to buy a rotiserie.

Does it not worry you to eat a bird that had CRD? I already have a problem with meat, yes it's a compulsive disorder. I drive my family crazy. I am growing out my Sussex Roo's from my Coronation Split pair to process. I am trying to get geared up to do it. I can just imagine a 13 lb chicken on my table, I am just having a hard time imagining ME sticking a knife in it's neck
th.gif

The silkie does look good, I just don't think I could process a silkie. All of your silkie post make laugh though, even though I love them!

Quote:
The CRD was MG and many commercial birds already have it anyways. Plus it dies at 104 degrees and since I cooked that bird well there it no way it survived. MG isn't a zoonosis, meaning a disease that transfers from animal to human. So, nope, not scared.
smile.png

A silkie roo (hens are too small) makes a good meal for one. We deep fried a few at last years Chickenstock.

As for having to slaughter your own bird it's not as hard as you may think. For me, as long as I'm going to eat the bird, I'm ok with it.

This is an old thread. I was surprised to see it brought back and am glad the pic links still work.

Quote:
The CRD was MG and many commercial birds already have it anyways. Plus it dies at 104 degrees and since I cooked that bird well there it no way it survived. MG isn't a zoonosis, meaning a disease that transfers from animal to human. So, nope, not scared.
smile.png

A silkie roo (hens are too small) makes a good meal for one. We deep fried a few at last years Chickenstock.

As for having to slaughter your own bird it's not as hard as you may think. For me, as long as I'm going to eat the bird, I'm ok with it.

This is an old thread. I was surprised to see it brought back and am glad the pic links still work.

Thanks, that's some really good info for me to remember. It would be nice to have a list of what they had and wether or not they could still be processed. HOw was the deep fried? I love fried chicken!

I am hoping that it isn't that hard for me to process. Poco Pollo has really been helping me alot with how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom