Rotten Food Being Served to Soldiers - 10/10 update

wifezilla, you mentioned you were making up care packages...can we start a list of where to send care packages to sons and daughters of BYCers?? I do not have any family over there, and would like some kids to send things to...

And to all the military parents here and everywhere...thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the sacrafices your families have made for the rest of our safety and freedoms - it sickens me to my core that this is how our country repays our soldiers - doesn't surprise me, but sickens nonetheless.
hugs.gif

Deb, it could be base specific.

KBR was a Halliburton division at one time but they are now their own company.

This could be a case of a few individuals writing rotten food off then serving the rotten food while diverting the good stuff for their own purposed...not necessarily a system-wide problem. It is hard to tell and my son is only a pfc so is very limited in what he can do.

The hostility he has encountered and the reaction of those this problem was reported to does point in that direction, but this is only speculation and there is no proof. An investigation needs to be done and too many do not seem to want facts out there. Strange.

As for care packages, first of all thank you, and I will see if I can get specific addresses since you can't send packages to "Any Soldier" anymore.

The thing that I really don't get is that if fresh food is such a logistical problem (which wouldn't surprise me), then why don't they just use MREs?

Quote:
Or you can send your son's addy and mentioned inside a note that it is from a BYCer friend of Wifezilla (real name to be inserted). That would work so he knows he can hand out food and candies to the boys and girls!

Quote:
I agree! Who WANTS sick prisoners, it would cost the taxpayers money for hospitalization for food poisoning?????

I hope that he does not get sick or his buddies get sick, nothing nasty having diarrhea in the middle of a tour trip or worse time, sick when in combat and no where to go! I shudder at the thought!

As for the eggs, you can sort thru the broken ones and cook them really well, like well done. No over easy fried egg things.

Having the superiors to tell anyone working in the kitchen to shut up, that tells me they ARE hiding things and hopefully someone or some company will demand some answers to this matter.

Too bad that in the service, "don't ask don't tell" isn't limited to sexuality. Very sadly these young men and women that we put in harm's way are being screwed over not only over seas but also once they come home.

Back
Top Bottom