Rude Teenage DS

Just keep on doing what you are doing. I found that my son sparred up to his dad when he became a teenager. it is nature I suppose, where the young buck challenges the older stag for supremacy over the herd. You were right to demand respect from your son and I well remember having these conversations with my son as a teenager. One thing i will say is, although it seems hard now, your refusal to be treated with disrespect, will pay dividends in the future. My son is now thirty, and a father himself. He is a great friend to both his dad and I as well as a son to be proud of! Funnily enough, I never had these problems with my daughters though.

Are your daughters younger than your son? My older sister cued me in (unintentionally) on what NOT to do! I just watched her and never did the really stupid stuff she got in trouble for.
lol.png

I'm a teen, and what makes me the most angry is my parents interfering in my life. I'm pretty independant, so leave me alone and we can be friends. Start taking off my door and you might aswell have set an atomic bomb off in the living room. Me and my parents have power struggles, as soon as they start putting restrictions down it gets worse.

Thats just me, but the less restrictions and rules you give me, the easier I am to live with. And that doesn't mean I go out and drink every night just because I have my freedom and my parents don't ask questions.

I'll wash the dishes, do my chores and all that stuff as long as they don't ask me to do it. As soon as they try and force me to do something, its not gunna happen. And they know that now, so they give me my space. It works for us.

Last edited:
Quote:
omg!!! My father did that to me!!! I hung a sheet on my door. (um doorless))
I was rotten. My parents were getting a divorce, in the middle of my sophmore year of highschool. It was really rough. I lived with my dad, so I didnt have to change schools. He let me do anything, he was in such pain from my mother leaving him. My brother was off in college, so he didnt relize what a divorce can do to the kids. It was a rough probably 2 years, been its over.
yes whatever you do, stick to your plans. My parents never laid a hand on me. just threats, that was enough. imo.
Good luck.
Perhaps dealing with this better, start a journal for your feelings. Do you have a quiet room in your house, you can sit, read, write. Ask your child to come with you and sit. Sometimes all it takes is to listen too.
good luck again.

Ugh, I suppose I was being the teenage brat today...my mom just nags and nags and my brother is a wiseguy who never shuts up.
barnie.gif
he.gif
Awful Saturday.
But I agree that sometimes teenagers *coughcoughcough* do need punishment. Swearing at your parents is never right.

Quote:
lol.png
You'd not make it in MY house...*tsk tsk*
Sounds like your parents have given up on you... that's very sad to hear..
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom