Rude Teenage DS

Quote:
That kind of parenting wouldn't have ever worked for me (not saying its wrong) The more my parents push me, the more I push back.

Just because I do what I want, doesn't mean that what I want is to sit around, do nothing and watch my parents do all the work.

Quote:
See, that's where you are confused. Your parents are NOT your friends. They are the people who are responsible for you as long as you live under their roof. It's not about you being easier to live with. It's all about you learning right from wrong and how to be a decent respectable human being. The world already has enough punks. It doesn't take any effort at all to be a punk but it sure does take a whole lot of work to become a worthwhile human being.

Maybe it was all the years I spent in the Marine Corps, but yours is an attitude I would not ever accept from my own offspring. I say a thing once. I do not ever ask. And I don't say it a second time. Kids are a pain to raise but we invest our hearts and souls in you. The least you can do is respect us for this.

As always, JMO.

Rusty

My parents and I are on equal ground, maybe friends was the wrong word, I more mean being tolerant of each other
tongue.png
I respect them if they respect me.

I'm not a punk either, I know right from wrong, I'm a strong student, never been involved with alcohol or drugs, I play sports regularily, keep animals (which are entirely my responsibility) All of this is my doing though, my parents didn't force me to play sports or being involved with anything outside of school (4-H, dance etc) I do it because I want to, and if I didn't, I wouldn't.

Sorry if I sound like a brat or something
tongue.png
Its hard to explain over the internet.

Quote:
I am what I am, they aren't going to change that by starting to control me now. If anything, they'd make it worse. I don't need to be steered in the right path anymore, I'm already there
wink.png

Wow, I posted 4 times
hide.gif

Quote:
lol.png
You'd not make it in MY house...*tsk tsk*
Sounds like your parents have given up on you... that's very sad to hear..
hugs.gif

lol.png
If thats the case, I don't think you would either. If I'm going down, your coming with me!
gig.gif

They just don't try to control me. I'm not a wild child. I've gotten straight A's all through highschool and I work part time on the farm helping my dad. I know what they expect of me, and they know how far they can go. Theres a balance. As soon as one side gets tipped a bit too far we start fighting and shout at each other for days until the balance is settled again.

Actually, no, i wouldnt go down with you... that comment makes no sense at all.. sorry.. ..
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
If thats the case, I don't think you would either. If I'm going down, your coming with me!
gig.gif

They just don't try to control me. I'm not a wild child. I've gotten straight A's all through highschool and I work part time on the farm helping my dad. I know what they expect of me, and they know how far they can go. Theres a balance. As soon as one side gets tipped a bit too far we start fighting and shout at each other for days until the balance is settled again.

Actually, no, i wouldnt go down with you... that comment makes no sense at all.. sorry.. ..
smile.png

I meant that if I was your daughter and you drove me crazy enough not to make it, I'd make your life just as miserable.

That sounds so bad when you say it like that, its really not as bad as I'm making it sound
hmm.png

Quote:
smile.png

I meant that if I was your daughter and you drove me crazy enough not to make it, I'd make your life just as miserable.

That sounds so bad when you say it like that, its really not as bad as I'm making it sound
hmm.png

Uh huh...
wink.png

Quote:
How sad.
You make it sound as if you parents didn't care enough to discipline you and let you be the child while they were the parents.

You poor thing.
hugs.gif

Quote:
How sad.
You make it sound as if you parents didn't care enough to discipline you and let you be the child while they were the parents.

You poor thing.
hugs.gif

I agree,.. it really IS sad.
sad.png
Poor kid, shes gonna have some hard real-life lessons some day soon, and i fear that she wont be able to handle it...
hugs.gif

Quote:
That kind of parenting wouldn't have ever worked for me (not saying its wrong) The more my parents push me, the more I push back.

Just because I do what I want, doesn't mean that what I want is to sit around, do nothing and watch my parents do all the work.

Leave me out of your diatribe.

I want nothing to do with you.

Rusty's got it right.

Life is fixing to whack you right between the eyes.

Don't you just love it. This would be about the time my parents would ask me to move out while I still knew everything. THe chickens WILL come home to roost.
Quote:
How sad.

You poor thing.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom