*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

He's a black Indian Runner, as well as an accomplished ballerino
big_smile.png
(they all got their names before we knew sexes).
Haha, we had to do a lot of renaming when some of the girls started to chatter and grow curly feathers.

This is my runner duck Juniper, she is a year old

She is very pretty! Is she a Blue runner?

I think so. We found her and two other ducklings sitting in a shallow box in our driveway where they could have easily jumped out or been eaten in 40 degree weather a year ago.

Juniper and the two other ducks next to her were with her.

Lavender

and Asher

Last edited:
I think so. We found her and two other ducklings sitting in a shallow box in our driveway where they could have easily jumped out or been eaten in 40 degree weather a year ago.

Juniper and the two other ducks next to her were with her.

Lavender

and Asher
I'm glad you saw them out there, they wouldn't have lasted long in that temperature! Do you think someone just knew you had ducks and wanted to get rid of easter ducklings or what? Lavender is a Khaki campbell and Asher a Welsh Harlequin??

Ok, who stole my tiny runner babies and replaced them with these big turkeys? Also, is there a help group for those who may be addicted to runners...asking for a friend...Yeah, thats it..a "friend"
wink.png

Yea, It was a little while after Easter. I hate it when people buy chicks or ducklings just for fun during Easter and then they don't have a plan for a new home if they can't keep them or they just don't want them anymore. When we found them they were freezing but after we warmed them up they were fine.
I think lavender is a Khaki Campbell and I'm debating right now whether Asher is a welsh or a silver appleyard. Since i want to enter him in the fair this year. Thinking more towards welsh.

Yea, It was a little while after Easter. I hate it when people buy chicks or ducklings just for fun during Easter and then they don't have a plan for a new home if they can't keep them or they just don't want them anymore. When we found them they were freezing but after we warmed them up they were fine.
I think lavender is a Khaki Campbell and I'm debating right now whether Asher is a welsh or a silver appleyard. Since i want to enter him in the fair this year. Thinking more towards welsh.
That's really sad. I think Welsh too, he has more of the lacing on his feathers than most Appleyards do.

Ok, who stole my tiny runner babies and replaced them with these big turkeys? Also, is there a help group for those who may be addicted to runners...asking for a friend...Yeah, thats it..a "friend"
wink.png

Runners are addictive... I hope you weren't expecting them to "normal up" once they grow up and be like your other ducks... The will still be runners which means their spring is wound just a little tighter
wink.png

Runners are addictive... I hope you weren't expecting them to "normal up" once they grow up and be like your other ducks... The will still be runners which means their spring is wound just a little tighter
wink.png
In other words they need a job, got any rice paddies?They can work over?

Back
Top Bottom