*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Hi everyone! I'm a chicken lady who's recently made the jump to ducks. My husband brought some home from the feed store. Big surprise! Luckily I had a brooder set up for some chick's I'm getting next week. I'm fairly certain we have 7 runners and one crested sort. If anyone has a positive ID for me that would be cool. I can get better pics this arvo if needed. Thanks! Any other advice is welcome too...
[/URL]
I think your right, they do look like runners. Do you have feed made specially for ducklings? Ducklings require more niacin in their diet than chicks do, and a lack of it can cause leg problems and other complications.

Hi I'm on my second year of chickens and I'm going to get three runner ducks along with some more chickens and three khaki Campbell's
I will be getting my ducklings in May I can't wait!:D
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to raise them?
Thank u!
Hi, Welcome to BYC, you are definately in the right place, to begin with, for learning how to raise your ducklings. Get ready for tons of work and tons of fun and entertainment. Ducks are like no other animal/pet. they are totally different and take a lot of understanding and patience. When you are unsure of anything regarding the care of your ducks, please ask us... no Q is a dumb Q. The sites Amiga has posted for you are all wonderful and the "learning center" here on BYC has tons of information... read, read and read more.

My 2 Fawn & White ducks hatched 10 ducklings and my Blue Runner and my Buff O hatched 7 ducklings. They are starting to feather out nicely.
Enjoy your ducks

Hi all!
I am new here and new to ducks. I have been wanting to get a pair of ducks. Based on looks alone I really like the crested duck and the Indian runner duck. I want these ducks for eggs but mostly as pets. I have a small child and neighbors so I wanted some opinions on the Indian runner duck. How loud are these guys and how do they interact with people? I have been doing my research but I wanted opinion from people that own this breed.
Thank you!
My first pair of ducks were Fawn & White Indian Runners, I spent a lot of time with them and they became very use to me. I would dig for worms with and for them. They were my little buddies. I have certain calls for them, and they come 90% of the time. Then I got more ducks and they hatched more ducks, they are not my close budies like they use to be, but I am ok with this.
I have Runner ducks, Pekin and Buff O ducks. Ducks are not like any animal i have ever raised and taken care of. They ALL have different personalities and some are more afraid of me than others. I find that if you get just a couple at first (always 2 or more so they have a buddy) you can bond more, than if you get more than 2. you can always add more later. Some ducks are louder than others, like i said they all have different personalities.
Have lots of love and patience to give your ducks and you will have a wonderful relationship with them.
@Miss Lydia Thank you for including me on this post..

Last edited:
The Runners make happy chatter when first released from their pen. From then on, they are fairly quiet as long as they have food and water. If they hear my voice, they will call out to me. I love them. I used Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks, and the Duck Forum for advice for the Runners. Since then, Kimberly Link has published The Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook. I like that one, too, since the Second Edition has 200 pages of health and medical-related information and illustrations.
Thank you Amiga for sharing these videos... i truly enjoyed them both.

Hi, Welcome to BYC, you are definately in the right place, to begin with, for learning how to raise your ducklings. Get ready for tons of work and tons of fun and entertainment. Ducks are like no other animal/pet. they are totally different and take a lot of understanding and patience. When you are unsure of anything regarding the care of your ducks, please ask us... no Q is a dumb Q. The sites Amiga has posted for you are all wonderful and the "learning center" here on BYC has tons of information... read, read and read more.

My 2 Fawn & White ducks hatched 10 ducklings and my Blue Runner and my Buff O hatched 7 ducklings. They are starting to feather out nicely.
Enjoy your ducks

Thank you so much:D
I'll have some pictures ready in no time:jumpy

Enjoy your ducks

Sorry, I forgot to add...
Your ducks are gorgeous ducks! Can't wait to get mine! Thanks again :)

My dog had ducklings!!!

I love to see them romp and stomp through the grass and flowers. They are so small it's all still a jungle to them.

There's nothing like baby ducks, especially baby runner ducks!!!
love.gif

Hi, I'm a fairly new runner duck owner. I got my first two runner ducks, Ariel and Danny, two years ago. My first baby duck, a pekin named Pekin, had been taken away by a hawk. Pekin was, my first chicken, Ozzy's best friend and when he died she wasn't as excited as she used to be, so I bought the runners and they have been living with her until Ariel died, and then Ozzy died. Now Danny lives with our new chickens.

Next Wednesday we are getting even more runner ducks, black, blue, white, fawn, mallard, penciled, emery penciled, and chocolate. Any tips on getting the ducklings to imprint on me or ideas for the brooder?

Hi, I'm a fairly new runner duck owner.  I got my first two runner ducks, Ariel and Danny, two years ago. My first baby duck, a pekin named Pekin, had been taken away by a hawk.  Pekin was, my first chicken, Ozzy's best friend and when he died she wasn't as excited as she used to be, so I bought the runners and they have been living with her until Ariel died, and then Ozzy died. Now Danny lives with our new chickens.

Next Wednesday we are getting even more runner ducks, black, blue, white, fawn, mallard, penciled, emery penciled, and chocolate.  Any tips on getting the ducklings to imprint on me or ideas for the brooder?
Handle them a lot. Ducks imprint on the first thing they see so the more you handle them the more they imprint. I have mine following me already and coming to me calling their names. I also keep them in the house and talk to them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom