Runny green poo

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
My rooster had frostbite which seems to be healing nicely. But, now I see that he has really runny gooey green poo. It looks watery.

His diet is varied feed and household stuff, but varied enough that I can't pinpoint anything that would start this. Is it something that could come and go? It has been going on for several days now.

There are several different parasites chickens get, and yes your whole flock can get them.

There are several worms that are hosted in other bugs that chickens eat, some parasites are passed along through feces from bird to bird.

OK Parasites, worms and the whole flock can get them. What are the treatment recommendations?? De-worming?

From what I have read on here, DE and dewormer in their water?

I'm pretty sure runny green poo indicates he is not consuming enough feed. Sounds like bile passing with urates, which is not good. Can you separate him to ensure he is eating enough on his own or to try and convince him to take feed in?

DH is going out to get DE today although our local feed store swears there is no such thing as food grade DE. How much should I be trying to make certain it is food grade??

Why would he not be eating? There are 11 chickens ten hens and him. He is careful to let the girls eat first, but he certainly seems to get his fair share.....

Should I isolate him anyway?? The ladies seem fine and their poo all looks normal and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom