Runny noses and swollen eyes

Travchix

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I got a bad batch of girls or what but this is crazy!! I've been through mice, lice, sour crop! Now all my birds have runny noses and there eyes are swollen shut! I could scream now!!! I'm not sure what to do this isn't what I expected when I got chickens! He'll please what should I do? They are all tired and just roosting. Not sure anymore anything will help thanks so much!!!!

they have a respiratory illness. as to exactly which one only testing would tell. however you can successfully treat it with Tylosin or Tylan 50. you can buy Tylan50 at the feed store. do NOT worry that the bottle says for cattle and swine. MANY poultry owners including myself successfully treat respiratory illness with Tylan50. the dose is for large birds 1/2 cc for small birds 1/4 cc once daily for 5 days in the breast muscle. as a matter of fact I just finished treating mine with the tylan for a respiratory issue. it does a great job! you can also get the syringe from the feed store. I prefer to use diabetic needles as they are smaller but it doesn't matter which syringe you use. please treat ASAP. you should notice a significant improvement in a few days
Tylan is a excellent choice for respiratory issues. I would choose the injection over the water soluble antibotic because dose is more controlled and concentrated. also they don't drink as much when they are not feeling well. so I'd get the tylan 50 asap. best wishes

Thanks so much! I have them all vet Rex last night and I got up this morning and all there eyes were fine and eating really good and active, I have one that I couldn't get ahold of to give the vet Rex to and she is the only one I've seen that was shaking her head during the day and iit sounded rattly I'm not sure if I should treat them with anything else or give them the vet Rex for a fed days? And ideas or opinions? Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom