Runt Silkie not eating or drinking

Silkiemama72

Hatching
Nov 5, 2020
Our 6th month old Silkie is dominated by the other female and male Silkie. She is not eating or drinking when she is with them and seems afraid to go up or down the ramp to be wherever they are. Just now we found her hiding under the ramp in the snow, soaking wet.

We brought her into the garage, dried her with a hair dryer and put her under the heat light with food and water. She is eating and drinking like she hasn’t in days!

how do we improve the pecking order so she can at least eat and drink?

I had a little silkie like that, she was very timid and she hid most of the time and didn't eat or drink when the others were around. I had to put multiple feed and water out and make sure everyday she had some seperately. I had a little fenced off section I put her in with own food and water for a short time daily then put her back with the others. Then I ended up putting her and 1 other friendly chicken in their own coop together and they got along well.

Our 6th month old Silkie is dominated by the other female and male Silkie. She is not eating or drinking when she is with them and seems afraid to go up or down the ramp to be wherever they are. Just now we found her hiding under the ramp in the snow, soaking wet.

We brought her into the garage, dried her with a hair dryer and put her under the heat light with food and water. She is eating and drinking like she hasn’t in days!

how do we improve the pecking order so she can at least eat and drink?
You could... put her in a crate and leave it in the coop/run so the others can see her. After a day or a few days (up to you) let her out with them and see how that goes. If that doesn’t work and they keep pecking her I recommend moving her maybe

Back
Top Bottom