Rural Life/College kids/ Gardening!

Janiecoke

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Glen Mississippi
I am blessed to have almost always lived in rural areas. As a child I had flocks of chickens to care for as well as pigs,
I live on a "farm" ok I live on a road with no close neighbors or any that I can see in North East Ms.
I have two children in college and a husband that works out of town most of the time. Ever hear the story of the little red hen? People have cocky remarks about my chickens but have their hands out for eggs, I can 90% of our veggies or at least "put them up". I would never be happy living inside the city limits at all. Im right proud of the things that I can do and try never to take it for granted.
There is always something going on in my life and i am always a busy ole redneck woman! Very Blessed.
I am also blessed with a pack of pups that we all love.

WOW! Love the black and white photo! I'm surprised people make "cocky" comments about your chickens, that's so rude! I have seven (I think) roosters and people have never said something mean towards me...maybe they just know not too LOL!!
smack.gif
What are the products in the last photo?

They are funny. I sell a bunch of eggs then hear about how no one in their "right" mind would have that many animals to feed. Guess that makes me a nut. :). The black and white was my mom. I have had upwards of 200 birds at one time. Now I just have like 30 and growing again. Lotions and scrubs in the nice little bottles. I'm-a-like-in the whole farm thing and guess I always have.

Love your pics. My younger son recently did a "farm life" photo collage for a school art project, all those city kid classmates of his loved seeing those pictures of his animals.

I used to get comments from a co-worker on a regular basis about how she thought the money I spent on my feed bill each month could be put to much better use. It really drove her crazy! This was a city person with not a single animal. Why she thought it was her business to criticize my choice to have livestock is beyond me. I sure never would have dreamed to criticized her for all the countless hours and dollars spent on their LIttle League pursuits with their two boys even though it wasn't a lifestyle I'd choose for my family. To each his own. All that matter's is that you enjoy what you do.

It's the same here. Of the six people in our office, three have backyard chickens and one person make snide remarks to clients within eat shot of all about the "chicken people". I asked one time if she were jealous that we had a hobby and something we each enjoyed. I must say that that just made her worse. To each his own I say. It really makes me mad that this person asks to purchase eggs. I'm the only one for years that had any and nothing was ever said until other co workers got in on the fun. Photos are a passion with me and I can't stop taking them. Children should all be exposed to the "farm" life. It's good for children to understand just when their food comes from.

Nice pictures. I think the people who make negative comments are simply unhappy about their own life.After 2 times I would tell them to shut up.

Back
Top Bottom