@sab cameras ??

There is power to the coop.
I can't run wires into the house at all.
Then this is my suggestion to you -- there is a system called "ARLO" that runs on batteries. Man, they are expensive batteries so you won't want to run the cameras 24/7. That system is self explanatory and fairly easy to set up. You don't have to do anything I explained here. You will be able to see the Arlos on the proprietary Arlo app only. But you'll have cameras.

Unless you want to run power to your coop. I have power running everywhere.

Also, should I continue with the DDNS explanation or let this thread die??

Then this is my suggestion to you -- there is a system called "ARLO" that runs on batteries. Man, they are expensive batteries so you won't want to run the cameras 24/7. That system is self explanatory and fairly easy to set up. You don't have to do anything I explained here. You will be able to see the Arlos on the proprietary Arlo app only. But you'll have cameras.

Unless you want to run power to your coop. I have power running everywhere.

Also, should I continue with the DDNS explanation or let this thread die??
CONTINUE!!!

Now for the wrap up -- DDNS

You set up your free ddns account with a service already or decided to use the ddns service that is offered with your camera. You have an an address that is not a series of numbers now. So you are ready to rock.
  1. Go back into the camera settings. Click on DDNS Service or just DDNS or whatever it says that starts with DDNS. There will be a box to check to make enable the service. Then you usually have a drop down menu to to choose several services. Hopefully yours is there. The one I use is pretty much standard so it shows up as an option in all the cameras I have seen. If yours isn't there - there likely is a choice of 'custom'. Choose that.
  2. You will input your user name and password that you set up when you set up the DDNS account. There will be a place for you to put in that address that they gave to you. You click the submit button and that you should see a screen that say success. Screen-Shot-2018-03-06-at-8.19.47-PM.png
  3. One last thing to do - go back into your router and assign that IP address that you gave the camera permanently to the camera, so the router won't assign the IP to another device creating a conflict. In my router it's under Advanced>Setup>LAN setup. Routers are different. You give that IP address you gave the camera the same address in the router. We are almost done... Keep those eyes open a little longer... this is the home stretch....
  4. You need to do "port forwarding". That's so when the Internet world says I want to see your camera that you assigned port 7003 -- that the router says OK you can go see port 7003. In my router it's under Advanced Setup> Port Forwarding. Here is a screen shot: Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 8.13.07 PM.png
  5. FINALLY -- YOU ROCK AND YOUR CAMERA IS READY TO GO LIVE!!
  6. Go to your App -- You are now ready to add a camera. Remember all that you know -- you know the address and the port, the type of camera and model, and you know the login and password. You are equipped to finish the deal. Just so you know what that final address looks like -- here is the address of my chick cam - they are huddling right in front of the camera http://blessing.dyndns-remote.com:7004 Use the login of Guest and the password is guest123. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Now for the wrap up -- DDNS

You set up your free ddns account with a service already or decided to use the ddns service that is offered with your camera. You have an an address that is not a series of numbers now. So you are ready to rock.
  1. Go back into the camera settings. Click on DDNS Service or just DDNS or whatever it says that starts with DDNS. There will be a box to check to make enable the service. Then you usually have a drop down menu to to choose several services. Hopefully yours is there. The one I use is pretty much standard so it shows up as an option in all the cameras I have seen. If yours isn't there - there likely is a choice of 'custom'. Choose that.
  2. You will input your user name and password that you set up when you set up the DDNS account. There will be a place for you to put in that address that they gave to you. You click the submit button and that you should see a screen that say success.View attachment 1286296
  3. One last thing to do - go back into your router and assign that IP address that you gave the camera permanently to the camera, so the router won't assign the IP to another device creating a conflict. In my router it's under Advanced>Setup>LAN setup. Routers are different. You give that IP address you gave the camera the same address in the router. We are almost done... Keep those eyes open a little longer... this is the home stretch....
  4. You need to do "port forwarding". That's so when the Internet world says I want to see your camera that you assigned port 7003 -- that the router says OK you can go see port 7003. In my router it's under Advanced Setup> Port Forwarding. Here is a screen shot: View attachment 1286290
  5. FINALLY -- YOU ROCK AND YOUR CAMERA IS READY TO GO LIVE!!
  6. Go to your App -- You are now ready to add a camera. Remember all that you know -- you know the address and the port, the type of camera and model, and you know the login and password. You are equipped to finish the deal. Just so you know what that final address looks like -- here is the address of my chick cam - they are huddling right in front of the camera http://www.blessing.dyndns-remote.com:7004 Use the login of Guest and the password is guest123. Enjoy!
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 7.31.49 PM.png

There are at least 2 other people who use or have used this board that know probably more than I do. I am open to any suggestions or corrections. From here... anyone can add their 2cents. I can tell you that I have struggled with IP cams and getting the Internet out to my back lot for a while. This is the result of my struggles and what I have learned. I do not have a degree in tech anything. I am self-taught -- learning by mistakes. So play nice....

Back
Top Bottom