Sacramento City Council is voting!

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
The Sacramento City Council is convening tomorrow afternoon to vote on the chicken ordinance. While I do not live in the city limits, I fully support legalization of chickens within the City of Sacramento. If anyone here in Sacramento can go to the council meeting tomorrow (Tuesday 11/16/10) at 3 p.m. to support the issue, please do so! I would go, but I have to work.

The issue was continued to the next session. There are apparently a handful of city council members holding out simply because they "don't like the idea" of people having chickens in their yards. I guess they haven't figured out yet that about 40,000 Sacramento families already have chickens in the city limits & that they're bypassing a huge opportunity here to generate some revenue by asking citizens to pay a nominal fee for a permit to keep the birds they're already keeping. If you ask me, that's a win/win. The citizens that live in city limits get to be legal with their birds, and it could generate enough revenue to save 1 municipal job by issuing permits. One job saved in this city is a plus if you ask me, because jobs in Sacramento are disappearing faster than the polar ice caps.

Back
Top Bottom