Sad goose

Gooseme

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2021
I'm in desperate need Right Now for fertilized goose eggs. My female is dying trying to hatch eggs again. Our male is infertile. Raccoons and heat have been a huge issue. Please help make her happy just one year out of her life šŸ˜­ even if we just keep one. It will be worth her having this for her.šŸ™

How far into incubation is she? You could replace the eggs she is sitting on with easter eggs, and then close to or on hatch day find some goslings to give to her. In the amount of time she has to sit, you'll be able to find goslings. You can just slip them under her at night while she's sleeping and she'll likely except them.
It'll be easier that stressing over finding fertile eggs in a short amount of time.

Otherwise, you can order goose eggs from Ebay. They'll ship with priority mail and arrive in 1-3 days.

I think most peoples geese have stopped laying but you could always give her some duck eggs to sit on.. probably preferably a heavyweight breed like a pekin (or jumbo), silver appleyard or Saxony. It would at least cheer her up and they have the same incubation requirements (or damn near close).

Back
Top Bottom