Sad looking little TSC chicks need your help!

sweeterdeeter42

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
I went to TSC today to see what kind of bantams they got in, and they were all the same except one.
sad.png
The one different one is all white and she wont open her eyes all of the way. Another one is doing to same thing. The looked on the brink of death at the store, and after the manager told me that she didnt care if they died because they get credit for them if they do, I bought them all. lol. But three little guys dont look so good. The two that I mentioned above have their eyes half closed or closed all of the time, and they look rough, because they keep getting into the water because they wont open their eyes for very long! They run with the others to get food and are very determined to get the food and are acting way better than they were at the store, but they are still seeming weak. The third is nice and fat and poofy, but is always sleeping. I basically brought them home so they could die in a nice, loving environment instead of the store where no one cared. I have sugar water in there for them, and in an hour or so I will be switching them over to the electrolyte and vitamin water. I do not have any poly-vi-sol drops that I can find. I know I have some, and they are in a box from when we moved, but I cant find them. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thanks!
82189_dscn2051.jpg

Last edited:
the only advise I could offer would be to keep them comfy and warm... a bulb will do the job.... monitor heat at 90-95 degrees....

such a sweet story, i do hope that with your loving care they will rebound and thrive to give you the love you gave them back.

You could try offering hard boiled egg mashed up, pecking at it with your finger to show them it's food sort of the way a hen would.

Last edited:
Liquid B complex vitamins, 1 drop, 3x per day..... I only found them at my local health food store. The regular drug stores didn't have it.

I've been reading lots of chick threads, I've been having chick issues myself. Good luck!!

Awwweeee... so sweet of you to buy them! Good for you! I hope they make it!
fl.gif
Please keep us informed! I would love to know how they make out!
caf.gif

Quote:
FOR FREE!?!?! Jeez, imagine a store putting the birds welfare ahead of making money. This lady wouldnt even give me a discount on them. I told her, "these two look like they are dying. Can I just take them since I am getting some other ones too?" And she said that she couldnt give them to me because she gets credit for them if they die in the store. So I asked her if she would do a discount, or even just say that they died and I would take them and try to get them better. But she refused. She was pretty disgusting about the whole situation and had an attitude. The guy who has been there before when I got chicks is kind and knowledgeable, but she was bad. I know that they have to make money and run their business, but its sad that a whole $3.00 credit is more important than a living thing. So I bought all 11 of the bantams that were left, rather than leave them there with her. LOL. Its silly, I know, but it made me feel better.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well said Twister!!!

I feel Elmo & SunnyCA also have good suggestions......also plain yogurt added to the mashed boiled egg OR scrambled eggs is also a good way to entice them to eat.
As Elmo says, tapping the food dish with your fingernails helps the chicks to become interested in the new food. I trill and coo (doing my best imitation of a hen
smile.png
) as I tap the dish.

Sweeterdeeter, Bless you for looking after these little bitties.........it's such a shame TSC lets unknowing/uncaring employees look after these innocent little miracles of life. If one believes in karma, those ignorant/uncaring employees may come back as chicks at TSC and have someone as uncaring as they, looking after them.

Treating others as I want to be teated was instilled in me from the beginning.......this philosophy isn't exclusive to humans.
smile.png

Best of wishes to your bitties and to you for rescuing them!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Not sure my husband will feel the same way when he wakes up and finds my little "clinic" set up in the living room.
roll.png
But I just gave them some yogurt and oatmeal mixed together. I dont have any eggs, imagine that! I was thinking about picking some out of a breakfast hot pocket but Im not sure those are really even real eggs. lol. But now they all have yogurt feet and are pecking at the design on the plate instead of the food. It appears that all 11 of them are questionable.
tongue.png
I hope they pull through. They are looking better. IDK though, they can go so quickly. But I have high hopes for two out of the three. The one wont even wake up when I pick it up and acts like it is choking when I try to dip its beak in the water. He doesnt look good.

Back
Top Bottom