Safe-Guard wormer paste.

Oye. So can someone tell me how many ML or CC per bird of safeguard I need then? After this re dose I’m just going g to let them ride. I asked about the wormout in here and other forums and was told only how to mix with water. 47ml per gallon. And the only info I could find on safe guard was mixed between pea sized once and again 10 days later and then pea sized five days in a row. They have drank some of the wormout but not much and I don’t know what birds got how much. And all of them received a medium pea sized dose of safe guard.

It gets frustrating Lol I would do equinox but I’d like to stay away from ivermectin. And nothing ever says anything about poultry! I really wanted valbazen but tsc stopped carrying it

Oye. So can someone tell me how many ML or CC per bird of safeguard I need then? After this re dose I’m just going g to let them ride. I asked about the wormout in here and other forums and was told only how to mix with water. 47ml per gallon. And the only info I could find on safe guard was mixed between pea sized once and again 10 days later and then pea sized five days in a row. They have drank some of the wormout but not much and I don’t know what birds got how much. And all of them received a medium pea sized dose of safe guard.
What worms are you trying to treat right now?

Last edited:
Safe guard states it treats hook, whip, tape and round.
It gets frustrating Lol I would do equinox but I’d like to stay away from ivermectin. And nothing ever says anything about poultry! I really wanted valbazen but tsc stopped carrying it
Dosage for Safeguard was given in post#2 - it's 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row - this will take care of most worms that poultry have. It might treat certain strains of tapes.

Wormout dosage was also provided in the link in post#2 and #4
Wormout dosage is Dose is 0.23 ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10-14 days. https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...rms-under-construction.1220309/#post-19519143

If you want Valbazen, then order it online, that's what I do. You can get it through Amazon, Ebay or places like Jeffers Pet or Jedds.

Dosage for Safeguard was given in post#2 - it's 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row - this will take care of most worms that poultry has. It might treat certain strains of tapes.
@RESQME49, the dose stated above is for paste or liquid. The amount of paste you gave, if it was the size of a pea, is equal to 0.25-0.3 ml of the liquid, it was not enough. :(

I know there are many posts that say to give a pea sized blob, but they are wrong, it's barely enough to treat large roundworms.

Does that make sense?

Yeah. I will dose again after the 10 then wait and address this all again maybe in the fall/winter and more than likely get valbazen. I get that its all about dollar flow, but its frustrating that there isnt any direction on label for laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom