Safe to use fertile eggs to incubate after Permethin?

rascal66

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 10, 2015
Washington
I just dusted my coop and some of my girls since they have some lice.

I was already collecting eggs prior for incubation and just realized that I have no idea if the eggs tomorrow will now be ideal after this treatment for incubating?

Thoughts? I used Gardstar poultry dust. I'm hoping I can still save these eggs for the next incubation :(

Last edited:
They should be fine, were they laid before or after you treated the chickens and the coop?
The ones I have were before treatment, but its only like 7 eggs.. I'm looking to get at least 30 eggs for my next round of incubation. So I'm hoping tomorrows eggs will be okay? I dusted the nest boxes a bit, but put fresh bedding over it.

I also only dusted 3 of the 14 chickens I have because they only showed signs of lice (cluster of eggs near the vent). All the rest were fine.

Last edited:
The eggs will be fine. As far as the cluster of lice eggs around the vent, use coconut oil to remove them, it should dissolve them. if you dont remove them, the eggs will hatch and you will most likely have to redust your chickens to kill the lice.

The eggs will be fine. As far as the cluster of lice eggs around the vent, use coconut oil to remove them, it should dissolve them. if you dont remove them, the eggs will hatch and you will most likely have to redust your chickens to kill the lice.
Thanks, I'll give that a try

Back
Top Bottom