Salmon Faverolle roo or pullet?

KatieSpring

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
I got an ornamental assortment that should all be female, but being new at this I didn’t know selecting the free chick from the hatchery meant it’s most likely a rooster. I’m hoping our favorite chick is a hen because we can’t have a rooster here. After looking at the difference between them online I’m thinking roo, but I’m not sure.

Attachments

• 9E553453-D23B-4925-B611-91FEF512A5C0.jpeg
    9E553453-D23B-4925-B611-91FEF512A5C0.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 70
I’ve been reading that sometimes the ones from a hatchery can be darker hens. I don’t know if that’s true, but I’m still hoping. I’m wondering if maybe I can visit all my neighbors and get their permission to keep him.

I hope he is a pullet for your sake. Even if you have all of your neighbors permission, it’s the city that doesn’t allow the roosters. He is super cute either way, do you have friends that have farms that will take him?

I hope he is a pullet for your sake. Even if you have all of your neighbors permission, it’s the city that doesn’t allow the roosters. He is super cute either way, do you have friends that have farms that will take him?
We live in a secluded enough area that if the neighbors didn’t say anything no one would know we have chickens. I’m currently reaching out to some people that could possibly take him, but I’d be so sad to see our favorite go. This chick has the best personality.

Back
Top Bottom