Salted duck eggs??

Pics
I am Asian and I know how to do Salted duck eggs. There are 2 methods the brine methods and the salted mud method. I use the brine method because the mud thing is too much. I don't do it as business, I do it as hobby.
The lady from the agricultural dept said I can’t sell gags if they’re not refrigerated the whole time...the recipe we saw said to lay them in the sun for a few hours..do you do that?

So much for early retirement.
I am Asian and I know how to do Salted duck eggs. There are 2 methods the brine methods and the salted mud method. I use the brine method because the mud thing is too much. I don't do it as business, I do it as hobby.
Would you be willing to share your recipe? Especially the brine method sounds very interesting. Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Nope no sun, Just indoors in the kitchen counter.

I don't advise using chicken eggs, their whites tastes like plastic when fermented. Only use duck and quail eggs for making salted eggs.

This is the brine method. Inside a container pour brine (I don't do measurements but at least 2 cups of salt ) on the eggs and cover it with a lid. Leave it for 3 weeks to 3 months. It is up to you.
salted-eggs-2a.jpg

as you see the eggs float so to stop them from floating put some weights like a porcelain saucer to make them sink to the bottom.

---------
This is the traditional mud method:
100_0202.jpg

Just add some soil in the brine.
---------
After you are over fermenting them you either have to hard boil the eggs before eating. People use the raw one for making sauces though.

Filipino vendors dye the shells with red food color so they wont confuse them to fresh eggs.

images

----

Filipinos uses the eggs as an ingredient for a Christmas cake known as bibingka
Bibingka.jpg

and this 2 ingredient salad with no name:
maxresdefault.jpg

Just sliced tomatoes and fresh hard boiled salted eggs. You can use it as a cheese replacement for any salad recipe.

It also works well with onions and fiddlehead fern.
ensaladang-pako.jpg

In Singapore they use raw salted eggs to make Salted egg shrimp.

singaporeshrimps2a-1.jpg

In China they use salted egg as ingredient for mooncake desserts.
bannermoon.jpg

It makes great toppings for rice or oatmeal porridge.

chicken-porridge-with.jpg

I don't advise using chicken eggs, their whites tastes like plastic when fermented. Only use duck and quail eggs for making salted eggs.

This is the brine method. Inside a container pour brine (I don't do measurements but at least 2 cups of salt ) on the eggs and cover it with a lid. Leave it for 3 weeks to 3 months. It is up to you.
salted-eggs-2a.jpg

as you see the eggs float so to stop them from floating put some weights like a porcelain saucer to make them sink to the bottom.

---------
100_0202.jpg

---------
After you are over fermenting them you either have to hard boil the eggs before eating. People use the raw one for making sauces though.

Filipino vendors dye the shells with red food color so they wont confuse them to fresh eggs.

images

----

Bibingka.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Just sliced tomatoes and fresh hard boiled salted eggs. You can use it as a cheese replacement for any salad recipe.

ensaladang-pako.jpg

singaporeshrimps2a-1.jpg

bannermoon.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing this information! Those dishes look delicious. 🤤
Even though there's no »early retirement« in for me on salted duck-eggs, will definitely try it out!

The lady from the agricultural dept said I can’t sell gags if they’re not refrigerated the whole time...the recipe we saw said to lay them in the sun for a few hours..do you do that?
Use! Common! Sense! 😲
Do you really believe that the eggs taste any different after they lay in the sun for a few hours?
There is another video out on YT from a Korean lady who specifically advises to use the »morning sunlight, right after sunrise« … Really!?! 🤦‍♂️
I also doubt that the kind of salt makes a difference in the taste of the final product. So don't use the overpriced »pink himalayan yeti-cave salt«! Its not worth the money! 🙅🏼‍♂️
Ok, with salt i mean Sodium-Chloride [NaCl] - not any other kind of salt, don't use Epsom-salt, for example, that will change the taste of the final product… ☠ :sick

:lol: you’re a riot! I was just not wanting to break any rules I with putting them in the sun or not...Chris doesn’t think the people at out Chinese restaurant will buy them because they break a lot of laws and they probably won’t care about real salted duck eggs...but I’m going to try...so, has anyone fig out how mu we have to buy to make the eggs before we try to sell them?

salted-eggs-2a.jpg

---------
100_0202.jpg

---------

images

----

Bibingka.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ensaladang-pako.jpg

singaporeshrimps2a-1.jpg

bannermoon.jpg

I’ve seen the Christmas cake, my cousin is married to a Philippine girl, they’re great! Had no clue that I already ate one of those eggs at our Christmas party!! And yes, thanks so Much for Sharing all these beautiful traditions of your home life.:)

I’ve seen the Christmas cake, my cousin is married to a Philippine girl, they’re great! Had no clue that I already ate one of those eggs at our Christmas party!! And yes, thanks so Much for Sharing all these beautiful traditions of your home life.:)
Sure do look tasty.

Back
Top Bottom