Salted duck eggs??

Our yolk was suppised to come out of the salt last night, but some more important things neeeded doing, so maybe, this afternoon I'll get some snaps of it and a progress report for you all before step 2

Make a pasta sauce out of it. Sautee garlic, onions and herbs of your choice, add coconut milk and add a salted yolk.

or try the Shrimp recipe. The sauce of that shrimp recipe can also be use for fried chicken.

i thaught they were made with caustic soda?
I think thats how they are done now, lime sorry not ash.
Screenshot_20200124-152119.png
Screenshot_20200124-152119.png

Reviving this thread…

Remember, on January 20 i set a batch of 13 duck eggs into concentrated brine:
Started the first batch of 13 eggs yesterday in the afternoon:
full

800 milliliter of water and 280 grams of ordinary table salt, boiled, cooled back to room-temperature and poured into the jar. That jar is full to the brim, no air, so all the eggs are covered. Had to use kitchen tongs to get the eggs in…
Now it is waiting time… That jar sits in my cold pantry ~15°C (60F).
So last Thursday, i grabbed the jar and removed the top egg, boiled it and we taste-tested it. Here is how the egg looked after boiling (left picture with flash, right one without):

The taste was - surprising:
The white part was really salty and had some kind of a grainy texture, a bit like a semolina pudding. Too salty for my tastebuds though.
But the yolk! Creamy and soft and it had developed all kinds of nutty flavors, even a bit almond like.

Now i have never had a salted duck egg before, so i don't know how it should taste. Help me out here @FutureMillionaire - from my description above, did i got the eggs anywhere near the correct taste and texture?

It will taste better for a longer time. since its nutty at this moment, it hasnt reached the cheese like taste yet. But you do you. Harvest when you felt the need.

The whites goes well with tomato salad. The yolk can be delicious with many recipes. The whites goes well with salads but you have to mince them. They go well with tomatoes, green unripe mangoes,diced cucumber ,pineapple, Lettuce, sprouts.

Last edited:
It will taste better for a longer time. since its nutty at this moment, it hasnt reached the cheese like taste yet. But you do you. Harvest when you felt the need.

The whites goes well with tomato salad. The yolk can be delicious with many recipes. The whites goes well with salads but you have to mince them. They go well with tomatoes, green unripe mangoes,diced cucumber ,pineapple, Lettuce, sprouts.
Thank you very much for your answer! I have soaked the remaining eggs in unsalted water for one day and the whites are much less salty now. I will try them for salads too, and i like that nutty flavor of the yolks.

Back
Top Bottom