Entreparadis

Songster
Aug 8, 2019
I have had peacocks (males only) for a few years now and sadly lost my youngest to a fight last week. I want to learn as much as I can about animal care, health and risks, so that I can prevent and remedy as many problems as possible. I also care for 5 Rhode island reds and 3 plymouth rocks hens and would like to buy a new flock of birds that would provide more eggs for my family and neighbors in the future. I am learning about sustainable farming and want to use practices that benefit the animals as well as people. I like to experiment and am definitely willing to try new things. I have many hobbies and am notorious for overbooking myself and multitasking (with mixed results). Right now I am looking up things to grow (zone 4) to feed my peacocks through the winter so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know! Ideally, I would like to provide for the hens as well.
Hobbies: Baking+Cooking, Reading, Art, Building projects, Gardening, bird watching, old movies, identifying critters with the Seek app, casual sports, and raising fun animals (peacocks, butterflies, fish, horses, parrots, etc). I have always appreciated the knowledge available from those on this site and now just need to be more involved.

I have had peacocks (males only) for a few years now and sadly lost my youngest to a fight last week. I want to learn as much as I can about animal care, health and risks, so that I can prevent and remedy as many problems as possible. I also care for 5 Rhode island reds and 3 plymouth rocks hens and would like to buy a new flock of birds that would provide more eggs for my family and neighbors in the future. I am learning about sustainable farming and want to use practices that benefit the animals as well as people. I like to experiment and am definitely willing to try new things. I have many hobbies and am notorious for overbooking myself and multitasking (with mixed results). Right now I am looking up things to grow (zone 4) to feed my peacocks through the winter so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know! Ideally, I would like to provide for the hens as well.
Hobbies: Baking+Cooking, Reading, Art, Building projects, Gardening, bird watching, old movies, identifying critters with the Seek app, casual sports, and raising fun animals (peacocks, butterflies, fish, horses, parrots, etc). I have always appreciated the knowledge available from those on this site and now just need to be more involved.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom