SamG347 eggs are in the hatcher! **PICS ADDED** WHAT COLORS ARE THEY?

magikchick

~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
SW Florida
It's day 14 I moved my eggs into the hatcher and now the wait begins. Can't wait to see what colors I get. Hoping to get a few tuxs as my first one was a tux that was eaten by a snake. Come on little babies!
fl.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
caf.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
fl.gif
for a RED TUX then we'd all be envious until we all get our own
lau.gif
I'm hoping to see my own red tuxedos soon from my own birds, and SHELLEY you better put an A & M over your reds darn it! I wanna see some red tuxedos from you (and then swap eggs ofcourse
gig.gif
) .

Gosh!! I think I have enough tuxedos, and I just sold all my extra A&M males!
gig.gif

I suppose I could put the tibetan male with the A&M girls, and the A&M male with the tibetan girls, and put the reds in with them. But I don't even know what sex these reds are yet!! Get off my back woman!
lau.gif

Quote:
LOL! I will get off your back *for now*! but the moment you know those reds sexes you better tell me!!! BTW i was researching reds.... if the true reds genetics are "chocolate" (I assume it is) it may be the same way it is in chickens. In chickens theres two forms of chocolate... 1 that is dun the other that is sex linked true chocolate. ANYWHO what im getting at is IF im mright that the reds are all hens when bred to other colors then it is more than likely a chocolate gene which explains teh sex linage. HOwever even in chickens you can produce a chocolate cockerel by breeding the chocolate hen offspring to a chocolate carrying roo, this should produce some chocolate roos as well (which ruins the sexlinking but that way a person could get pure chocolates)! As once you have a chocolate (genetic) roo over a chocolate hen you get 100% chocolate!

SOOO sorry to hijack this thread (but it may be helpful to you if you get a true red tuxedo)!
big_smile.png
fl.gif
this may end everyones woes about getting too many males! May know at hatching who is who!
fl.gif

Thats awesome! Sorry I didn't see this till just now my computer has been acting strange lately!
Please let me know what hatches!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Since you hijacked it already. I don't understand the genetics but I am very interested in it. I assume you will be experimenting with this?

Quote:
Since you hijacked it already. I don't understand the genetics but I am very interested in it. I assume you will be experimenting with this?

oh yes I will be
smile.png
Its the only reason i raise coturnix after all *genetic freak I am*
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom