San Antonio City

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
So I hear there is a new city ordinance of only 3 domestic fowl!!! This is crazy! I have been to peoples houses here in San Antonio where they has up to 12 in there backyards! And the state has tested their birds! What makes them able to have more? I need to know, because I wanted at least 6-8! We just spent alot of money on a coop that will house that many, and now it looks as if I won't be getting more than three!?! If you are near San Antonio and have information on how I can have more without the city taking my birds, please let me know! Thanks

I thought it was only for Carrizo Springs but I took a quick look into it and sure enough the city is rewriting the ordinance to limit people to 3 fowl and 2 other livestock animals. It's times like these I am glad I live in the country.

How stupid, I thought it was just Carizzo Springs, and the news media was saying the reason for it is because people are keeping too many dogs and that the law was to umbrella all animals. Only two dogs at a time, I am glad that I live in Kirby. They will limit me to I think it's 25 as long as they are housed 50 feet away from our house. I guess we won't be moving back to San Antonio any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you are super lucky Texas star! I had no clue Kirby had their own ordinances, I feel like its part of San Antonio since it dab smack between 410/35 and 10! Do you live close to FM78?

Yeah! We should, would be fun! I would love to see your flock!
big_smile.png

Edited by staff

This is absolutely not my business, but I'm going to butt in because it worries me.

There are people who cruise sites, because they don't like what goes on. Such as people who don't believe chickens should be kept in backyards, or others you may not want to meet.

Because of that, I'd probably think 2ce about saying where I live, even to the block....and maybe PM it, instead.

You might be okay with saying, but I wasn't sure if everyone's thought about it. Sometimes it gets so much like private, friendly chat,
smile.png
that it's easy to forget that the board is very public.

Just my 2 cents.
smile.png

your right. Slipped my mind. But San antonio can be pretty big and SOOOO many blocks, it still would be hard for someone to find me with even that info!

Back
Top Bottom