San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hi, first of all I want to say I am not a realtor. I am really lucky to live in a very chicken friendly neighborhood. Zoning is A70 and the animal designator is M (chickens permitted, no specific numbers so I assume unlimited). There is a bank owned house on one acre across the street that is just coming on the market. I am really hoping it goes to a chicken friendly family and not someone uptight about crowing roosters (I've got quite a few). The area is really beautiful, lots of nurseries and farms. There is a mushroom farm a few doors down with a huge mountain of free mushroom compost, perfect for the garden. I am hoping flippers don't buy it, fix it and sell it to someone that really belongs in a gated community. The house is a fixer but the area is amazing! Here is the link to the listing.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Escondido/27032-N-Broadway-92026/home/3604520

Thanks for posting i am on the lookout for chicken friendly/animal friendly property with land. No time for a fixer though, actually thinking we will just rent if possible. We are keeping our house and renting it out once we move. We just need more space.

We have just decided to take the step into raising poultry for food... we plan to start with some muscovies. Anyone have any? Please pm me if so. Thanks!

Yeah I know it's hard to move into a fixer. I snooped around the place today, they had a crew cleaning it up and they delivered to us a huge pile of good firewood and let me take a couple of dog crates which will be used for chickens. The pool is disgusting, the house is dirty. I think it's overpriced for the condition. We paid less money a year ago for our 2.5 acre place across the street. I still hope it's bought by a chicken lover who enjoys the smell of mushroom compost in the morning along with my quacking call ducks and crowing roosters.

Mille Fleur Leghorns!!! They are very BEAUTIFUL birds!! I have a few chicks for sale. They are feed organic feed, fruits, veggies, greens, & mealworms. They are 4 weeks old. Asking $12 each chick. My chicks are sold straight run. Thank you.

Last edited:
I bought many chicks over the last several months from many different breeders from LA, Riverside, and San Diego. I drove over 500 miles to collect all my rare/beautiful breeds. All my chicks were obtained from very reputable breeders with both parents on site. I got WAY more birds than I can keep since they were all sold unsexed, I wanted to make sure I got girls of the breeds I wanted. I will be selling many extras from now until a few months.

This Swedish Flower Hen is 87 days old. She is very sweet.

My birds are fed organic vegetables, organic fruit, live worms I breed myself, and organic feed. All of my chicks have come from breeders that do NOT vaccinate which I feel is very important! Thank you!

Any more San Diego meetups planned? I'm in Lakeside, and really enjoyed the Wild West Serama Show in Ramona recently. It would be nice to meet some more SD County/City folks. We have a lot of 4H and FFA kids out here.

Thanks for posting i am on the lookout for chicken friendly/animal friendly property with land. No time for a fixer though, actually thinking we will just rent if possible. We are keeping our house and renting it out once we move. We just need more space.

We have just decided to take the step into raising poultry for food... we plan to start with some muscovies. Anyone have any? Please pm me if so. Thanks!
I think i saw some on Craigslist just recently. .... Here it is

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/grd/3892697040.html

Even though I used the San Diego Craigslist it shows Inland empire. Be worth a drive if they are what you want though.

deb

Hello! I have a trio of really nice non-bearded show quality silkies that I'm looking to sell. I usually keep all my silkies until they're 6 months or older but I'm not looking to breed these colors (I'm currently focusing on buff and lavenders). Anyways, the roo is a nice blue partrdige who's coming in exactly like my brood cock and the hens are both black. Their mother is actually a blue so they will throw blue babies if bred to a blue partridge male or a buff male. I'm asking $30 per hen and $15 for the roo or $65 for the trio. I'm in north county but willing to meet up. Please PM me, THANKS
!

Hi, first of all I want to say I am not a realtor. I am really lucky to live in a very chicken friendly neighborhood. Zoning is A70 and the animal designator is M (chickens permitted, no specific numbers so I assume unlimited). There is a bank owned house on one acre across the street that is just coming on the market. I am really hoping it goes to a chicken friendly family and not someone uptight about crowing roosters (I've got quite a few). The area is really beautiful, lots of nurseries and farms. There is a mushroom farm a few doors down with a huge mountain of free mushroom compost, perfect for the garden. I am hoping flippers don't buy it, fix it and sell it to someone that really belongs in a gated community. The house is a fixer but the area is amazing! Here is the link to the listing.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Escondido/27032-N-Broadway-92026/home/3604520

I hope it's ok to post, but I pulled up the listing sheet for you http://fusionmls.sandicor.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=329276406&s=SND&t=SND

If it's not, I can remove it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom