Sandhill Preservation UGH!!!

Sugar Sand Farm

Songster
12 Years
Apr 24, 2007
North Florida
Well this is the second shipping date that Sandhill has missed now i have to wait until April 22. Has anyone else had these problems? When I ordered in January I had no idea it would be such a hassle to get my chicks. The grandkids are really sad as this is the second time they waited to hear that they were here. They sure want your money up front but don't seem to care that they make you wait and wait and wait.

When dealing with live animals, they are really dependent on the ones laying the eggs in order to hatch.

From what I have heard of Sandhill Preservation, their quality is well worth the wait.

Sorry for your frustration, though.

I ordered in November 2007 my hatch date is now May 20, 2008 hatch with backup dates of June 5 and June 17.

Glen and Linda said in their email communication to me "It has been extremely cold here this winter, with frozen eggs and a lot of the breeds starting very late to lay eggs. "

This is what is causing the backup.

What is really frustrating is that we havent heard from them since our confirmation letter. I realize they are small and busy but if there are problems with all the orders they should email and let you know. I can understand the weather causing a problem,but at least they told you something. I bought a 50lb bag of shick starter last month because they were supposed to be here,by the time they arrive it will be stale. I heard that the quality of their birds is well worth while thats why I ordered from them but I will have to see just how good they are before I order from them again.

If you read their cataloog info they're pretty upfront about saying they won't be doing a lot of communicating.
Also, as has been said they are a small operation and if the hens don't lay they don't have eggs to hatch.
McMurray and Ideal almost always ship when they say they will but you get what you pay for.

you are right they say in their confirmation letter that they will call the night before they send them. They also say, that if they don't call you are to assume that you will be receiving your birds on one of your backup dates.

They did not break their rules, they did not contact me , I sent them an email. On their web site they even explain what days they have set aside to answer phone calls and emails.

Back
Top Bottom