Sapphire Gem Pullets

I forgot to add, the Stock picture on Hoover’s site has a nice red head to the far left. There must be three color shifts in theses guys. I have some that look like the ones on the far left. Well, I guess you already know from the pics. Lol

I saw that one of the stock pictures has the red. I think I remember from the sapphire gem thread on here that the males have barring. There was someone who had one of theirs turn out to be a roo. I’ll have to go back and read it. So far I haven’t suspected my red head. She seems like a hen to me. There was one who has a stumpier tail who I suspected but I posted her on here and got a confirmation that she’s a she.

Sounds like we picked them for similar reasons. Mine really have my heart at the moment. I like their balance of independence vs friendly ness.

Oh yeah, I realized mine are actually about 10 or so weeks old I got them June 5th. I have an older set of barnyard mix chicks who are 14 weeks.

Nice looking birds! I was debating on getting them but ended up going for the sapphire olive egger. Mine are about 8 weeks now. Here are my two. Just love the colors of them.
552ECE65-299D-4720-87C5-F2D93D59013B.jpeg

A few weeks ago my local TSC had sapphire gem pullets. And they were beautiful. I wanted so badly to get some, but I just can’t get more chickens. I had four three-month olds in the coop and nine one to two week olds in my brooder, and I can’t keep getting more chickens. 😫
If I could have bought just one I would have done it, but they insisted it had to be at least four, and I really can’t get four more chickens at this time.

A few weeks ago my local TSC had sapphire gem pullets. And they were beautiful. I wanted so badly to get some, but I just can’t get more chickens. I had four three-month olds in the coop and nine one to two week olds in my brooder, and I can’t keep getting more chickens. 😫
If I could have bought just one I would have done it, but they insisted it had to be at least four, and I really can’t get four more chickens at this time.

I need your secret please!!!! How you defeated chicken math is invaluable.

Here are my Shapphire Gems they are 10-11 weeks old. Got them as sexed pullets, so far no cocks. Figured I’d show these good looking ladies off. They are currently in a grow out tractor awaiting their new coop and runs completion living happily with my lone wellsummer pullet and my Toulouse goslings.

View attachment 2275159View attachment 2275160View attachment 2275161View attachment 2275162View attachment 2275163View attachment 2275164View attachment 2275165View attachment 2275166
Thanks for posting...the pictures give me an idea what my two will look like:love

Thanks for posting...the pictures give me an idea what my two will look like:love
Mine too!

My understanding is the sapphire gem is the same as the blue rock from another hatchery. They are sex linked so males are hatched with a head spot. They are not going to breed true since they are sex linked.
I chose a very light chick and a dark one.

I really like that darker blue edging on the feathers. I hope mine will look this good.

Back
Top Bottom