sapphire OE laying problems

Silviaschicks

Crest Craver
Jun 6, 2020
Crest Country
My Coop
My Coop
My Sapphire OE has been laying weirdly, and I'm wondering if she has a problem with her egg tract. She layed a softy a couple weeks ago, here is the thread about that: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/oe-laying-weirdly.1445083/#post-24005287. Today, she layed a super small egg, about 4 cm tall and 3 cm wide. Here is a picture, hers is the egg on the left, on the right is an egg from my BR which is about the same size as the normal eggs my OE lays:
IMG_3088.JPG

She gets a lot of calcium, and she's had vitamin supplements in her water since she layed the softy. I don't know what's wrong. Also, I don't know if this is related to the problem, but whenever she goes to lay, my BR blocks her from going up (bc they usually lay around the same time, and my BR doesn't want other chickens there when she's laying), and my BR squawks until my OE leaves, and then my OE doesn't want to go back up to lay

Also, I don't know if this is related to the problem, but whenever she goes to lay, my BR blocks her from going up (bc they usually lay around the same time, and my BR doesn't want other chickens there when she's laying), and my BR squawks until my OE leaves, and then my OE doesn't want to go back up to lay
This can definitely adds to stress which can effect laying.
You only have to 2 birds?

Open that small egg and take a pic.

Back
Top Bottom