SAT. Sept. 25th., BYC/Tractor Supply Co., Swap, Dunnellon, FL.

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
We had such a successful June swap that we are planning another swap for Saturday, September 25th. We are planning more activities for the kids. Also we are trying to arrange an antique tractor exhibit. Hope to see a lot of BYC peeps. We had over 1500 people attend the June swap. We will be closing off more area to make more space for the swap. We will have some corals set up for anyone who wants to bring larger animals such as horses and cattle. If you plan on bringing any larger animals please either E-mail or PM me. We will be posting updates here.

***UPDATE***
We have 4-H and FFA groups from Dunnellon, Levy County, Citrus County and Marion County doing everything from selling concert tickets, 50/50 drawing, funnel cakes, sweet tea and boiled peanuts, selling birdhouses made by the students, a car wash, selling plants and trees grown by the students, a bake sale and more. The zebu miniature cattle will be there again, one man said he is bring over 35 chickens, another is bring about 40 piglets all purebred, the Dunnellon Chamber of Commerce will have a table, Back to the Wild wildlife rescue will be there, baby royal palm turkeys, runner ducks, turkins, polish, seramas and other breeds of chickens, baby pygmy goats. There will be games for the toddlers though 6th graders. There will be pony rides with the proceeds going to a horse rescue. A dog rescue should be there. The Florida State Agriculture Inspector will be there checking to see if all the animals are being taken care of properly. He said he will not be siting anyone this time but at our next swap he will. We will be receiving something from the Florida Egg Federation in the mail next week. Educational information about eggs for the children. Also, three feed reps. are coming with samples, freebies and coupons. The Fly wheeler club will be there with their antique fly-wheel engines in operation. There will be antique tractors on display and Jack's British car club said they will be caravanning up from Brooksville and put their cars on display.

Here are some pictures from the previous swap.

IMG_2158.jpg
IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg
IMG_2145.jpg

TSC-BYCnewspaperpic-2.jpg

TSCswap001.jpg

Last edited:
We have this advertised in several places and have had many inquiries. Hope to see a good BYC turnout. I will be there with cages and a BYC table. As soon as I have a list of what is planned I will post it. We will be having the 4-H, FFA, Lil-Donkeys, Sun Spiced Alpacas, Antique tractors, Old English cars, chickens, pigs and fun things for the kids and more...

Last edited:
Gonna try to make this one also! I have a lady doing an article about my BYC swap!!!! I am gonna tell her about the site so people can see whats going on in florida. SOOOO excited about it.

***UPDATE***
We have 4-H and FFA groups from Dunnellon, Levy County, Citrus County and Marion County doing everything from selling concert tickets, 50/50 drawing, funnel cakes, sweet tea and boiled peanuts, selling birdhouses made by the students, a car wash, selling plants and trees grown by the students, a bake sale and more. The zebu miniature cattle will be there again, one man said he is bring over 35 chickens, another is bring about 40 piglets all purebred, the Dunnellon Chamber of Commerce will have a table, Back to the Wild wildlife rescue will be there, baby royal palm turkeys, runner ducks, turkins, polish, seramas and other breeds of chickens, baby pygmy goats. There will be games for the toddlers though 6th graders. There will be pony rides with the proceeds going to a horse rescue. A dog rescue should be there. The Florida State Agriculture Inspector will be there checking to see if all the animals are being taken care of properly. He said he will not be siting anyone this time but at our next swap he will. We will be receiving something from the Florida Egg Federation in the mail next week. Educational information about eggs for the children. Also, three feed reps. are coming with samples, freebies and coupons. The Fly wheeler club will be there with their antique fly-wheel engines in operation. There will be antique tractors on display and Jack's British car club said they will be caravanning up from Brooksville and put their cars on display.

Last edited:
Cool................. what do you mean by "He said he will not be siting anyone this time but at our next swap he will"

I should have some chicks by then
wink.png
Guess i will leave any bobwhites at home.

Quote:
Not sure what he meant. That was in the e-mail. I think he meant citing people for improperly kept/uncared for and sickly animals. I have seen some people bring birds to some swaps where the birds were not healthy birds (weepy eyes and discharge and mites). Not a good sign.

Last edited:
Alieda I have seen them stop vendors from selling ducks that were supposed to be permit only. I have also seen them tell people off for not bringing water and shade for the animals or if they were in improper cages without ventilation in the sun. Is he going to test any birds or just look

Ashley, It starts at 9:00am. Hope to see you and baby Tristan... How is Garrett?
connie_38.gif
2uge4p4.gif

Alieda

Back
Top Bottom