Save My Marriage II: Pepper Or Salt - More Big Holes

Which shaker does the pepper go into?

• Pepper should go into shaker with MORE / BIGGER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pepper should go into shaker with FEWER/ SMALLER holes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pepper with fewer holes for me and the kids. It doesn't get used as much on the table. I pepper while cooking and DH...well he just uses a spoon!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I voted pepper in the small hole shaker....then I remembered how gross too much salt is!
lol.png

Pose this question online, and you get 436,219 people's opinions on 11,694 different web sites on why the salt (no! the pepper!) shaker has more (no! fewer!!) holes — and worse, they all insist on telling you how they reached these amazing conclusions.

Go to an actual source — say, the people who have been making Lenox china since 1889 — and they'll tell you that, when there is a difference, the salt shaker has more holes.

Bob

Again, pepper goes into a pepper grinder, anything else is stale and lacks flavor from the oils being lost in a cracked peppercorn.

I checked my shakers, and the ones with an "S" on them have more holes, and the ones with a "P" have bigger holes. One set has no difference whatsoever, so I'm not sure why the company felt the need to label them with an "S" and a "P." If a marriage is at stake I'd throw in the towel and buy some nice grinders.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom