School kids, chickens, a beautiful day........Img heavy

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Today was the first day back to school for my boys. Their grandma lives close to their school so I spent the day with her and her chickies. Here are a few pics from the day.

Just about to head out.....they weren't fully awake and judging by my youngest son's off center mohawk, neither was I.

BOYS.jpg

Just a buterfly for s's and g's.
smile.png

butterfly.jpg

The rooster, Star, I gave her recently. He is a good boy but not sure how to mate without making the girls mad so they have his comb beat up.

Star20080818101233.jpg

Stars first two children....Starla (black) and Clara (yellow).

babies20080818101220.jpg

And a cute one of the babies again.

wings.jpg

And last, Burgandy, used to be mine, another I gave to Mom...she gets all her chickies from me. Wonderful hen.

Burgandy.jpg

Anyway, just wanted t share the day.
smile.png

Your boys are so handsome! They look A LOT like you. Good luck when they are teen boys and breaking girls hearts! Love your chickens....are you still haveing to give them away? I remember reading that you may have to move?

Nope, at least for now we have it worked out where the chickies (and me and the kids) stay put.

LOL...it is really funny, all the children and grandchilldren in my family have a STRONG resemblance to my fathers side. Even with totally different hair and eye colors we all look alike!!!

They already have quite a following of the female persuasion. I REALLY dread the teen years and it is fast approaching!

Yeah, school starting is a great thing now....it took me forever to adapt to having them all gone every day. Now, I use my alone time to get so much done. And they all had a wonderful first day (my oldest son's first day of middle school so I was a nervous wreck) and it is gonna be a great year!!!

Thanks everyone.
smile.png

You have some handsome boys...My 10yo DS started back Aug 5th...DD moves into college this week(fun,fun).

shmooborp you get out for Summer in June though don't you? Our schools out here get out in May unless we have to make up for snow days. I have to say though our school system has cut back on Summer vacation...Used to get out the 2nd wk of May and go back the 3rd wk of Aug. Now depending on snow days they get out 3rd week of May to first week of june and go back the beginning of August.

Back
Top Bottom