School kids, chickens, a beautiful day........Img heavy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Aug 18, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Today was the first day back to school for my boys. Their grandma lives close to their school so I spent the day with her and her chickies. Here are a few pics from the day.

Just about to head out.....they weren't fully awake and judging by my youngest son's off center mohawk, neither was I.

[​IMG]

Just a buterfly for s's and g's. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rooster, Star, I gave her recently. He is a good boy but not sure how to mate without making the girls mad so they have his comb beat up.

[​IMG]

Stars first two children....Starla (black) and Clara (yellow).

[​IMG]

And a cute one of the babies again.

[​IMG]

And last, Burgandy, used to be mine, another I gave to Mom...she gets all her chickies from me. Wonderful hen.

[​IMG]

Anyway, just wanted t share the day. [​IMG]

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Sigh... just the kind of day I'd love to have... [​IMG] How nice for you!

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, it was a good day. My mom is raising 10 y/o twins so we always spend the first day of school (celebrating LOL) doing stuff. [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Your boys are so handsome! They look A LOT like you. Good luck when they are teen boys and breaking girls hearts! Love your chickens....are you still haveing to give them away? I remember reading that you may have to move?

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Yeah, I'll be celebrating, ummm, doing stuff next Monday the 25th! I'll have 2 back in school and then it'll be just me and the little dude (3). [​IMG]

Good looking young men you have, BTW!

6. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Cute kids, the one infront looks like a little rocket. School starts on the 25th over here, I can't wait. [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Nope, at least for now we have it worked out where the chickies (and me and the kids) stay put.

LOL...it is really funny, all the children and grandchilldren in my family have a STRONG resemblance to my fathers side. Even with totally different hair and eye colors we all look alike!!!

They already have quite a following of the female persuasion. I REALLY dread the teen years and it is fast approaching!

Yeah, school starting is a great thing now....it took me forever to adapt to having them all gone every day. Now, I use my alone time to get so much done. And they all had a wonderful first day (my oldest son's first day of middle school so I was a nervous wreck) and it is gonna be a great year!!!

Thanks everyone. [​IMG]

8. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

wow! i dont go to school till sept. 3rd! cool pics [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Wow! That is pretty late!

10. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    You have some handsome boys...My 10yo DS started back Aug 5th...DD moves into college this week(fun,fun).

shmooborp you get out for Summer in June though don't you? Our schools out here get out in May unless we have to make up for snow days. I have to say though our school system has cut back on Summer vacation...Used to get out the 2nd wk of May and go back the 3rd wk of Aug. Now depending on snow days they get out 3rd week of May to first week of june and go back the beginning of August.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by