Screaming Chicken

LotteMay

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2019
HELP!!!!

I have 6 chickens and 1 screams very loud. The screaming can start from 5am. I never let them out at that time as it's still dark. So I give them their breakfast, 20 mins later it starts again. It's driving me crazy, and I don't know what to do!!!

HELP!!!!

I have 6 chickens and 1 screams very loud. The screaming can start from 5am. I never let them out at that time as it's still dark. So I give them their breakfast, 20 mins later it starts again. It's driving me crazy, and I don't know what to do!!!

More info would be helpful. Number and age of chickens. Breeds. Size of coop/run in general. Any males or all female flock? Where are you located generally?

Others in your climate might have insight or others that own your same breeds may have same issue. Overcrowding can cause certain behaviors as can a dominant female (no male present).

Some chickens are noisy. And chickens love routine, so if this has been going on for awhile, you may need to retrain the screamer out of the early morning scream session. Like using a covered dog cage at night in the coop to make it dark for her till you let them out for the day, or some other idea that would stop the current 5am screaming.

Good luck.

More info would be helpful. Number and age of chickens. Breeds. Size of coop/run in general. Any males or all female flock? Where are you located generally?

Others in your climate might have insight or others that own your same breeds may have same issue. Overcrowding can cause certain behaviors as can a dominant female (no male present).

Some chickens are noisy. And chickens love routine, so if this has been going on for awhile, you may need to retrain the screamer out of the early morning scream session. Like using a covered dog cage at night in the coop to make it dark for her till you let them out for the day, or some other idea that would stop the current 5am screaming.

Good luck.
Their coop/cage is a good size, big enough for 6 chickens. If you look at my profile picture, you can see the breads. They're all girls, 1 gets picked on, so we've bought spray and they've stayed away so far. My garden is fairly big, and they get let out and spend the day roaming round the garden. We do however have a cat shed which is pretty small, all 6 decided to go in and make themselves at home... They always have access to food and water, and like to hang at my back door as they know the cat food is inside.

Back
Top Bottom