Sdwd

Hello everyone! How is peoples this day? Well directed toward SpeckledHen,I sent you a video of mariah and the crazy poofed aliens, and the three babies mongo chevy and unnamed
smile.png

What was funny today was that Loki, our calico silkie roo (he is a total tank) decided that since his screaming black silkie girl was "hurt" by me, that he would attack my hand.... and boy did he get a whoopin'.
First he spurred the top of my hand (the hand that had hold of his girl so I could take 'em outside) then when that didn't get any attention he decided to bite and spur and scream at me.
After I looked at him and was like "what the heck????" I picked up his girl and him,spanked him, and he was still trying to bite me! Crazy little silkie huh?
Anyways totally off topic but I thought somebody could use a laugh today
smile.png

Kathy - this reminds me. This BR rooster hasn't come at me since I knocked him out. I still carry a stick but he hasn't come at me either. I hope I finally knocked some sense into him or beat the heck out of him.
lol.png

Oh, you guys will love this one! Already told LH. Last night, I was making my mint tea, looked up and there was a BAT flying around the livingroom. At first I thought, that's a huge butterfly! Tom must have had the bsmt door open while he was letting Kes use the bathroom and it flew up from the basement because there were no other doors open. I remembered the sonar would let it see where to go, held a door open and it went right for it and out. Proof positive I have bats in my belfrey, LOL!

Dr says thyroid meds need to be upped so that may be why I'm dragging around like a zombie lately.

Well now I'm sure with all the well wishes for you it can't be anything but good luck to have a bat in your belfry.

Well, as long as you put it that way...
lol.png

Hope, my year old Buff Orp who looked to be on death's doorstep only a week ago, purple comb, huge bowling ball abdomen, is definitely better today! Her color is Pepto Bismol pink and her abdomen is completely back to normal. She is still very thin and not laying, but her energy is decidedly up again.

Now, I'm very cautiously optimistic because Riley did the same thing and you remember we found her dead under the roost. She never did go back to laying again after her abdomen went back to normal. Hope is half again as young as Riley was, so maybe, just maybe, she has a chance that her body has repaired itself. All we did was remove her from the coop and change up her feed to chick starter, plus special stuff like scrambled eggs with olive oil and vitamins.

Well, as long as you put it that way...
lol.png

Hope, my year old Buff Orp who looked to be on death's doorstep only a week ago, purple comb, huge bowling ball abdomen, is definitely better today! Her color is Pepto Bismol pink and her abdomen is completely back to normal. She is still very thin and not laying, but her energy is decidedly up again.

Now, I'm very cautiously optimistic because Riley did the same thing and you remember we found her dead under the roost. She never did go back to laying again after her abdomen went back to normal. Hope is half again as young as Riley was, so maybe, just maybe, she has a chance that her body has repaired itself. All we did was remove her from the coop and change up her feed to chick starter, plus special stuff like scrambled eggs with olive oil and vitamins.

This reminds me I have a hen with funny looking feet. Bumble foot I'm afraid. I meant to check her tonight when I closed up. Will have to check her in the morning. A lav orp. I hope not.

RIP Purple Princess

We lost Shadow today. If you don't recall, she was our 4 1/2 yr old lavender banty Cochin, a hatchery hen who was broody only once in her life-she raised Fern. No idea really why she died. She'd been hiding from the little roosters, but until a couple of days ago had been feisty as ever. The last couple of days, we noticed she wasn't eating, would guzzle water like there was no tomorrow when I took her from the coop.

She was in good weight, was over her molt and looked beautiful. No evidence of abdominal swelling, but she had not laid since starting her molt a couple of months ago. She did have some weakness on one side, was unsteady on her feet, possibly a stroke. She died just after 5 p.m. in the house, where I had taken her after finding her hunched up in the pen, not responding in her usual little voice when spoken to, but I took these pictures a couple of hours before. DH is devastated. We always called her our Diva Princess, but of late, we'd dubbed her the Purple Princess. She had her own Princess Roost in every coop she ever lived in, too. She will be SO missed! Such a huge personality in such a little body. RIP, our Shadow.

Here we are, waiting for Suede to pass on, thinking Hope will go with him, when we unexpectedly lose our little Princess.

Here is Shadow in the winter of 2010, warming up in the house with daddy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom