Sdwd

No, Tim, sorry, I don't have any table runners right now. I haven't been able to make anything in several months due to the hot weather. If I do make one, I'll let you know. I love fall colors!

I believe it was $40 am I right? Well anyhow I'd like first dibs. Please.
wink.png

Braclin, sorry about your mom. It hurts to see them get old. I took my mom for an appointment last week, she's been going to this doc for 6 years. We get to the street and she can't remember where the building is. We looked and looked. Finally I drove down a street where I thought it could be, and there it was.

Kathy, your SLW looks like she's all business. What an expression! You're using a Sony, right?

Thanks Sem! Whats so bad is she is only 55. She has had 3 major Aortic surgeries a pin stroke and then this stroke. She's a tough one!! I have a useless step-dad and no siblings or a S.O. , so i'm on my own when it comes to her.

Thanks Sem! Whats so bad is she is only 55. She has had 3 major Aortic surgeries a pin stroke and then this stroke. She's a tough one!! I have a useless step-dad and no siblings or a S.O. , so i'm on my own when it comes to her.

No darling you are not alone. Cheyenne and I are just a phone call away if you need us. We have a little experience with chicken and puppy chores :)

I believe it was $40 am I right? Well anyhow I'd like first dibs. Please.
wink.png
Yes, it was. Of course, Tim, I'll let you know if I get back to making anything. Right now, it's all I can do to think about Suede, so not sure when that would be.

Sending get well wishes to your mom, Brandon. She and I are the same age.

I hope you don't mind, but... a little excerpt from a book I rely upon very heavily.

"The healing of wounds depends on the formation of connective tissue, which, although made of protein, cannot be synthesized without vitamin C. Hundreds of studies have shown that the speed of healing and the tensile strength of the connective tissue are directly proportional to the amount of vitamin C obtained; and that if large amounts are taken, dramatic results can be produced, whereas a lack of vitamin C allows incisions to break open.

This vitamin also accelerates the formation of new blood vessels at the site of injury and around clots which may block veins. It activates many enzymes used in healing, speeds the formation of new proteins, and helps to prevent hemorrhages to the extent that without it a minor injury can result in a major loss of blood. Its detoxifying action at a time when medications must be given and various harmful substances are formed from destroyed cells is particularly important. A single dose of any one of a number of drugs caused the blood of animals to take eight times longer to clot than before the drug was given, and the prolonged clotting time continued for two weeks, yet this effect was entirely prevented when vitamin C was allowed with the drug.

The combined stresses of injury, pain, x-rays, medications, injections, tube feedings, catheterizations, and immobilization can induce a vitamin C deficiency at lightning speed even when seemingly large amounts are obtained. For example, 300 mg of vitamin C daily have proved to be far too little to be effective. A physician recently told me that his patients showed amazing improvement when given 500 mg every two hours for the first several days after any form of injury."

"Extremely large amounts of vitamin C will sometimes cause diarrhea, indicating that more is being taken than is needed; if this tendency is noticed, the amounts should be immediately decreased."

I needed massive doses of vit C at one time in my life, and when I had taken 4000mg in a single day, I did get diarrhea. Reducing the amount caused that problem to clear right up.

Generally, I take about 1,000mg daily... if I'm on the ball and take my vitamins like a good girl!

She has a disease called Marfan Syndrome. It causes her body to have weak connective tissues. There is no cure. All this crazy stuff is just results from that.

Brandon you have my sympathy.

In DW's family no one lives past 60. DW doesn't have the same habits as her deceased family and she still had to have a bypass at 42. If she hadn't worked in the ER she wouldn't be here today. They admitted her right from her job and she didn't come home till after the surgery. There are only her, her sister and her half bro. left. She's the oldest coming up on 59, and she just found out she's diabetic. I try not to worry but I do.

Anyhow take care, and if you need help ask for it.

Back
Top Bottom